Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I got my SVT a few days ago and learned today that it plays mp3s. I grabbed one of my mp3 discs, stuck it and the player, and listened to the track it played. When I tried to change tracks using the seek button nothing happened.
I figured that all of the mp3s on the disk were categorized into folders exept for the playable track but no. The disk had none of the mp3s categorized into folders. When I stuck another mp3 disk that had all of the mp3s categorized into folders into the unit nothing happened. I stuck the original mp3 disk into the unit and it failed to play the track that it had previously played!
I would look through the owner's manual but I won't get it until later this week. I turned the "comp" on and nothing happened. Whatever comp is. I read in another thread that the audiophile unit has folder browsing capabilities and displays filenames if no IDv3 tag is apparent. Is something wrong with my unit?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well at first I was thinking that maybe you didn't close out the disk when you made them. But it would never had played the first time. To be sure I would double check that the disk is closed or make another and make sure you close it and see if it reads. If it doesn't, then you might have something wrong with the unit. Take into service.

Unless somebody else has something better to tell you.

·
fOCUS Zetec 2.0
292 Posts
what kind of discs are you using? are they quality or cheap as chips? Because some discs just can't be read by some CD players for some reason, usually due to lens quality in the player. It may just be that ou have cheap discs. Failing this, then get it checked out. Other than that, just turn off your stereo and listen to the songs of valves, pistons and camshafts enchanting you... I do all the time and love it.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I finalized the cd & no luck. I'll try different disks because mine are the cheapest I could find.
What buttons would I use to browse through folders?

·
fOCUS Zetec 2.0
292 Posts
heard somewhere it should be able to browse through folders like u said and display track names and everything. Somewhere on this forum. sorry, got no time to search but have a look around the old forum if u can't find it. sounds like your discs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
mp3

You can browse through folders on the MP3/CD unit I got in my ZX5 by using the up and down arrows to the right of the right dial. It takes me 3-5 seconds to change folders and a second to change tracks (using the right dial). You do have to finalize the CDs and I think it only reads the last session on multisession CDs. The manual says that you shouldn't put more than 20-something folders on a CD because it can slow down the browsing of music. My unit reads MP3 id3 tags and displays them and also will display just the filename if there are no tags. I'm pretty happy with it when it works, but it can be finicky. Enjoy your mp3s and good luck.

·
Registered
253 Posts
just to get caught up are you guys talkign about the mp3 players that are comign stock in the 2003-2004 foci? because i have one coming in my 2004 focus and wanted to know everything i can about them before i start messing with it. any help is appreciated

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I took my car to in I'm getting a new unit within two weeks. My service advisor said they usually take the unit out and send it back to the factory to be repaired but my car was too new. So I should have the problem fixed before anyone else reads this thread.

·
Registered
309 Posts
128 kbps or higher. I had some songs in 160 and in 192 and they played back nicely as well. On the factory stereo you won't really hear any difference, so just go with 128 and you will fit a lit more onto one disc [;)]

·
Registered
816 Posts
Why not? I thought all svt stereos did.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts