Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well i have been having problems with my zetec ,it has an auto tranny, not sure what is going on all i do know is that i am very sluggish. the car has no power on flat or hills almost like it won't shift up. on my way home from work tonite i went to give it gas and the car was unresponsive so i preceded to push the pedal to the floor and there was still nothin for a few moments then it started to pick up speed. then as i climb my hill the car slows down and becomes sluggish again then out of know were the OD kicks in for a few sec then goes bac to "i think i can" mode. i have replaced my tps and my pcv senors, and changed the fuel filter. any help would be greatful. thanks jimmy

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
whats the temperature reading? does the power come back? i'm assuming its NOT a timing belt

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the temp is normal, sometimes it has power most time im fighting with it to go, timing belt was replaced 15,000 miles ago

·
Registered
10 Posts
does it still have factory cat on it?.....i have an 01 blazer that was doin the same thing for about 2 weeks...then one day the the bottom of the cat blew out from being cloged and it ran fine after that

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Does it hesitate or stutter when it is jumping into or out of over drive?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Sounds like a clogged cat to me too....

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
if its a clogged cat, it won't hit redline in gear.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i was on my way to work and while i was easily giving the car gas it reved out for bout 5 sec then went back to normal.. it did this 4 or 5 times also not sure it it relevent bac the tranny felt like it would thump from first to second i checkd the fliud and it was full....its not the cat i testd it last nite...thx jimmy

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
i was on my way to work and while i was easily giving the car gas it reved out for bout 5 sec then went back to normal.. it did this 4 or 5 times also not sure it it relevent bac the tranny felt like it would thump from first to second i checkd the fliud and it was full....its not the cat i testd it last nite...thx jimmy
Jimmy,is the Car still stock?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
only engine mods i have r massive wires, e3 plugs, weapon r intake, obx header, and magnaflow exhaust they been on the car for a few years and nvr had any problems

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Sounds like you've got a shift solenoid dying. I just went through the same thing.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
a shift solenoid wouldn't hurt the power though. if its in too high of a gear, he will feel power down cause it won't shift, but even when he guns it (by the sounds of it) it still is sluggish

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so i was messn with the gears on the way home and i have full power in first but in second and drive it falls flat on its face..not sure if this info will help any

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
You say you replaced the tps,but I thought about your Car symptoms all day at work....
Just for the Heck of it I ran bad for tps symptoms and got:

1. TPS Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC’s) stored in the vehicle’s computer’s memory.
1. P0121: Throttle Position (TP) Circuit Performance Problem.
2. P0122: Throttle Position (TP) Circuit Low Input.
3. P0123: Throttle Position (TP) Circuit High Input.
2. Really BAD gas mileage.
3. Transmission does not shift out of second gear.
4. No power as you accelerate the vehicle.
5. Hesitation when you step on the Accelerator Pedal.

No power,doesn't want to shift....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You say you replaced the tps,but I thought about your Car symptoms all day at work....
Just for the Heck of it I ran bad for tps symptoms and got:

1. TPS Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC’s) stored in the vehicle’s computer’s memory.
1. P0121: Throttle Position (TP) Circuit Performance Problem.
2. P0122: Throttle Position (TP) Circuit Low Input.
3. P0123: Throttle Position (TP) Circuit High Input.
2. Really BAD gas mileage.
3. Transmission does not shift out of second gear.
4. No power as you accelerate the vehicle.
5. Hesitation when you step on the Accelerator Pedal.

No power,doesn't want to shift....
everything from 2-5 sounds exactly like my car

1 - 17 of 17 Posts