Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 02 SVT Focus 107,652 miles not bad for a daily driver. owned her since 01-2007.
she's got rock chips and normal painted fade but she still looks good. rear bumper needs to be repainted. the paint is chiping off.

Mods:
Gates racing timing belt
MDS coil w/ 8.5mm wires
AEM SRI w/ dry flow filter
Magnaflow cat-back w/ tip cut off
CFM intake runner upgrade
CFM DSI chip upgrade
CFM engine torque poly mount
powder coated cam cover
J's racing pcv plate
Steeda Tri-Axe STS
05 Ford GT(not the mustang) shift knob
ebay amber lens fog light assemblies
North Viking rerplica 1999 WRC wing
99 uk Focus rear bumper w/ fog and backup lens
04 Focus RS wheels w/ uk lugs and uk oem locks
Bremdo GT 305mm BBK in black badged Saleen
Steeda front stress bar
FocusSport rear stress bar

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Coilovers!

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
still hot! did you buy the bumper painted? i bought mine and didnt notice the chips or spider cracks in the paint until I put it on the car lol

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Coilovers!
never. stock suspension is perfect. plus wheels stick out the body will need major body work for clearance if its lowered. i and rolled and the tires still teach the body on extreme cornering.

i'm happy the was it is stock.

buickboy yup bought it painted and after 4 months the the paint started to crack. but only on the bottom haft where it really should be black plastic which it is painted over. guessing the black trim wasn't treated for paint or wrong paint was used for a flexing bumper oh well

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Well it was a thought. U went far enough for a brembos and rs wheels but stock suspension is ok? The Svt handles better with stiffer springs oh well lol

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Nice, I can haz your wheels? Nice AP2 btw.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it was a thought. U went far enough for a brembos and rs wheels but stock suspension is ok? The Svt handles better with stiffer springs oh well lol
thanks for your comment.

·
Stuff about Florida
2,595 Posts
Man thats a clean SVT, nice work. [thumb]

I think it might look better if the wing was color matched, and the rear came down a bit.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
im gay

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
When you get the rear bumper repainted, have them colormatch the hatch strip as well.

Looks good overall.
Do as you want, but coils don't bounce as much so rub isn't as much of an issue.
And they far outhandle the stock suspension............just from experience.

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Man thats a sick looking car man! I love the stance. I too need to get my fenders rolled I need to find someone who does it. I love that AP2 my cousin has a nice AP1 with a few mods those are very fun cars to have.

·
IH8URFCE
2,231 Posts
want those RS wheels somethin fierce. if i had children, i'd sell them for some RS wheels.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
I agree with the OP, the stock SVT suspension handles beautifully and rides so comfortably at the same time...and I have many different set ups to compare it to.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts