Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 SES here. Just had a condenser replaced, then one with the transmission cooler integrated.
If you've had it done (not by yourself) just curious of the ballpark what it cost you?

I'm quite sure I way overpaid a ton, and I'm guess I'm looking for validation to stop going to this independent shop that I like, but I'm discovering are absurdly expensive.

For example, the part charge alone was $400. The Motorcraft (most $) part on RockAuto is 140 and the MSRP I saw on a Fort parts website is only $249.

·
Registered
114 Posts
2010 SES here. Just had a condenser replaced, then one with the transmission cooler integrated.
If you've had it done (not by yourself) just curious of the ballpark what it cost you?

I'm quite sure I way overpaid a ton, and I'm guess I'm looking for validation to stop going to this independent shop that I like, but I'm discovering are absurdly expensive.

For example, the part charge alone was $400. The Motorcraft (most $) part on RockAuto is 140 and the MSRP I saw on a Fort parts website is only $249.
There is your answer right there.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: aca2983

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
If they charged you $400 for that part just that part alone it's definitely time to go elsewhere.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,330 Posts
Same answer here. Wondering what it got changed for. I had one on a wrecked early model that was bent out of flat by a good 3 inches but careful work slowly flattening it back out and carefully picking at and pressure checking 2 tube runs that had damage but ultimately were not pierced enough to leak. Put back on and that condenser will freeze your butt off here some 12 years later. ATX cooler on those is separate and that was bent up too but working now as well. I was quite surprised they held up being aluminum brazed parts that tend to crack when stressed. The radiator behind them was totally trashed, punctured by engine corners.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts