Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago i took a drive up to my brothers work. I think i drive about 6-7 minutes on the highway. I started to smell somthing funky like cow poop, or rotten eggs or somthing. About that time my wideband just pegged out and my RPMs took a little drop. As i passed that area everything went back to normal. My brother said there is a natural gas place over there but im not sure.

Would a natural gas, or methane, or even raw sewage gas do this? Ive never had it do that before just peg the needle sept when i cold start it, but its done that since ive owned it.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would think it could. i know propane will decrease AFR, it would go rich not lean.
Well thats what i thought too that it would go the other way but this wideband (inovate LC-1) will do other fuels not just gasoline. What it does to the sensor im not sure. What i mean is if its set for gasoline and i use it for diesel im not sure how it would react. Unless the ECU thought the engine was getting to much fuel or somthing since there was more fuel in the air and pushed it lean?

My gauge has these LEDs that go around the outside edge of the face. So when it shot up lean the lights just blew up and spun around the gauge thats what caught my eye.

·
FF Affiliate
31,175 Posts
Your AF is the almost flat blue line at the bottom this should look a lot like you stft1 and should go up and down as your on and off the throttle

You either have the calibration in the lm1 set wrong , analog set wrong or a bad wide band o2 sensor

Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts