How to fix Cathode Converter?

• Make a Detail How to

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Not Interested - Don't waste you time

Votes: 1 50.0%

Have you blown your Cathode Converter??

585 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  SkaAddict 
#1 ·
Ok, i damage my cathode converter or transformer how ever you want to called it!

like this one

Well I'm wondering how many people here has damage this things?? I figure a way to fix it, but if you don't own a soldering gun pretty much is cheaper to buy a new one...

What i found on mine a tiny fuse got blown, so what i did was i made my own fuse adapter so i could use a normal car fuse.

where's a pic on what i did... but if interested i might make a how to.... the lowest fuse i have is 7.5amp for now it works great

See less See more
#2 ·
Whats the amperage rating on the fuse that was in it? You should get one the same amperage that it had installed before you use it. How did the original fuse blow anyways? You might be at risk frying more than just the fuse (since its a higher blowing fuse) if you have a short circuit.

#3 ·
Don't know,, I'm trying to find out the reason i blew it is because i inverted the polarity by accident... they are working fine with no problem... but I'm trying to find it the fuse is very small is like a glass type.... I'll post picture later of it..

#4 ·
i have a spare one of those. if you want it. :)

waiting to install the cathodes, they got broken...

so now I have a transformer and no bulbs.

I utilized the wire already, but your wires are fine so all you should need anyway is the transformer.

#6 ·
yes it is. That's why i did this fix, i said to myself well i don't have nothing to loose, I just need to find out what is the amp on the original fuse , but for now i'm using a 7.5amp and i was very carefull not to reverse the polarity when connecting.... i have them hook up to the dome like so when i open the car door they light up and if i turn on the dome light they come on too..

#7 ·
I've found that they tend to blow depending on what fuse you piggyback them in to...I can't recall which one I'm using off the top of my head, but its been plugged in for about 6 months now and it hasn't blown. Some of the fuses just have too much amperage flowing through them for the inverter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.