Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experienced this? I put in my order a few weeks ago and after realizing I had never received or had lost my order sheet/number I contacted the dealership and asked about it. They provided it and also informed me they had a "tentative delivery date" of 9/19. This seemed strange to me as from what I have been told they still hadn't come up with a VIN. Has anyone else had their dealer provide them with a delivery date without a VIN? I figured they were just going off of 6 weeks from the order, but that doesn't seem to be it as it's not 6 weeks from when I put the order in nor from when the order was officially accepted. Also, anyone know what the format for an order number is? The one they provided seems really short so I am uncertain if it is their personal system's order number or the one from Ford. Thanks!

·
Registered
77 Posts
My dealer gave me a estimate date of delivery of 7/22, my cars was built 8/3 and delivered 8/23. I ordered my car on 5/27.

·
Registered
166 Posts
forceflow2,

Just a suggestion but test drive the vehicle for a hour or two and make sure the clutch chatter that alot of us are experiencing does not happen on your vehicle before accepting it. I would hate to see you drive off the lot with the same issue so many of us share.

Montana

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My dealer gave me a estimate date of delivery of 7/22, my cars was built 8/3 and delivered 8/23. I ordered my car on 5/27.
This fills me with confidence about their estimation [V]

forceflow2,

Just a suggestion but test drive the vehicle for a hour or two and make sure the clutch chatter that alot of us are experiencing does not happen on your vehicle before accepting it. I would hate to see you drive off the lot with the same issue so many of us share.

Montana
I've actually been going through the past threads and things on these forums and making a list of things that other people have reported on so I have a general idea of specifics regarding what I might want to spend more time checking.

·
Registered
21 Posts
whats this clutch chatter your talking about my focus comes in next week

1 - 5 of 5 Posts