Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twice now, I've heard noises in my cabin that don't belong there.

1st- have you ever heard what rubbing rusty brake discs and pads sound like when you are rolling with the brakes pressed VERY slowly? It's a higher pitched hum. Well, My fiance and I were in the car, at a light, NO brake, just sitting in neutral, and we heard it, LOUD, IN the cabin, for an elapsed time of roughly 3 seconds. We have NO idea what it was. the radio was turned down to 0. No clue.

2nd- A fluttering. The sound a dragonfly's wings make. Last night on my way home from a friends house, i heard it. The sound seemed to be located near the rear cup holders. I investigated, nothing.

Anyone else experienced anything like this? I have NO explanation for either of this things, which is odd, because I'm a professional detective.

Not really, but i'm no fool.

Thanks.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
oh jeeeeze..... lol. is that going to be the sequel?

·
Registered
613 Posts
the focus is not a quiet car to begin with
i know mine is not
I've gotten used to it's noises

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
i have the brake problem, no biggie, and as for the dragonfly noise, didnt hear that, you could edead the entire car...

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the brake like noise i heard wasn't the brakes. As i said, i was sitting out of gear, at a light, no brakes, high pitched humming for like 3 seconds. Just wondering if anyone had heard any of them.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Does the stereo play old 50's rock and roll music? [8] An eerie, twisted love story of a teenager and his obsessively jealous 1958 Plymouth Focus! LOL Christine Focus!

·
Registered
433 Posts
coulda been someone elses brakes or even engine noise IMO...i hear tons of noises just like everyone else- creakin in the rear when goin down curbs slow strange fluttering noises, whistling, brake creak, e- brake creak, lots of other creaks lol...yeah i am amazed at how loud our cars are, very unique....i have gotten used to them also

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh there's always noises, it wasn't that. I guess it's hard trying to get a good feel for it when no one else heard it other than myself and my fiance. Just to clarify, the hum was IN cabin, LOUD, and you could hear it as well as FEEL it, in your ears and on your skin. it was [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]. anyway, i guess it's just haunted, i'm fine with that, i don't give a shit.

·
Registered
415 Posts
SVT_CLARITY said:
wow, thanks for the advice guys. . .real helpful. . .
Ummm your asking us about a random noise without alot of info and you forget where not in your car. Go to a shop or a friend and ask them to ride with you and then you can actually figure out something usefull about the noises besides they sound wierd and they are in your car.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
SVT_CLARITY said:
oh there's always noises, it wasn't that. I guess it's hard trying to get a good feel for it when no one else heard it other than myself and my fiance. Just to clarify, the hum was IN cabin, LOUD, and you could hear it as well as FEEL it, in your ears and on your skin. it was [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]. anyway, i guess it's just haunted, i'm fine with that, i don't give a shit.
hey ryan it could just be your stereo. Mine makes noises sometimes granted its not factory but i get noise through it sometimes...white noise?[paranoid] Although maybe it was jeff love in the back hatch area making odd noises?? who knows???

·
Registered
133 Posts
??

I get a similar noise in neutral. If the car rolls forward to backward real slow like at a light, it'll sound the way he described... (like you're very lightly pushing the brakes and you get a humming sound), that's the closest similar sound I can think of. But the brakes ARE NOT being depressed... it sounds like something from the tranny IMO... but I dunno

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
topher's got it. This happened to me again last night, and I realized that it IS the brakes. Even though your foot isn't on them, it's either the E-brake, or sticking pads, one of the two. I figured it out because this time (2nd time only though), i felt the vibration in the clutch pedal. One solved.

hahah, you really think Jeff was in the back Nick? That sneaky snake. . .i'm going ot have to watch out for him, he can sneak up on you for sure. haha

·
Registered
784 Posts
I am getting a wierd noise now, for the last couple weeks whenever I make a hard left hand turn I get this noise that almost sounds like the tire rubbing against the top of the wheel well, but when I look their are no tire marks and my tires are not showing any abnormal wear.

·
Registered
415 Posts
dubalicious said:
I am getting a wierd noise now, for the last couple weeks whenever I make a hard left hand turn I get this noise that almost sounds like the tire rubbing against the top of the wheel well, but when I look their are no tire marks and my tires are not showing any abnormal wear.
Your spring could be bent and be rubbing on the lower part of the shock/strut when u turn hard that way.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts