Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The screws with the clips that hold the plastic frame too the metal door of the hatch have came out. 2 of them to be exact. One with the clips seem to have just came apart, and another one just kind of popped out somehow. Looking for replacement parts and I haven't found them anyway. Any help would be appreciated. I get a really annoying rattling noise every time I drive anywhere. Duct tape helped a little bit.
Thanks.

·
Registered
17,297 Posts
Duct tape...........what a world...........

Exact copies of the pop fasteners only from Ford. Close looking ones that can work from auto parts store spin trees with small parts on them, both AZ and O'Reilly have them. Hardware store for more permanent solutions that last forever but you gotta be able to improvise, simply asking for the exact part number not gonna cut it there. Mine are bolted down solid and not coming off till I tell them to.

They're not screws, they just look like them but the threads are straight cut; they do not thread in/out like a normal screw. Outside pops in place and inside then pops into center of that and done with fingers only. Try to pull out the center with a screwdriver and die at 80 years old first since they do not commonly thread back out. Only intended to look spiffy like screws, not function as them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts