Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,
I’m looking for a bit of help here. Cracked my rear bumped (snowbank, yay!), and I’m digging around for a replacement bumper.

Some sites I’ve found identify the bumpers for 2012-2014 as the same for sedans and hatches, and others have them as being different. I drive a 2013 se hatch.

I’m staring at pics online of them to see if I can notice a difference (if they are different, I sure don’t want to buy the wrong one).

Can anyone confirm if they’re the same or not? And if not, and discerning shapes/characteristics to tell them apart?

Thanks!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,375 Posts
Go to the Ford site & see, I'm very sure the two are different. I'd go w/ a Ford one weather its a new or recon vs a aftermarket one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Definitely a Ford one. I've been down the aftermarket road before. If u want bodylines to be perfect again then OEM is the way to go. My opinion. And I do believe they are different from the pictures I am seeing

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have used the bumper covers from Rock Auto in the past. Plus, I have one for my Focus in the living room right now. I opt for the CAPA certified parts and so far, they have fit well. We’ll see what happens with the Focus parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts