Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just picked up cargo net and I was wondering if anyone has the cargo net installed in their hatchback.. The instructions suck and I would like to make sure I have mine in correctly.. Can u post pics of it installed.. Thanks..

·
Registered
368 Posts
Found this on the web:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Here's a pic of an attach point:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks.. I think they ordered me the wrong one.. also mine doesn't have the hooks shown in the pics.. The one I got is small and square.. with metal hooks on the end at 4 places..

·
Registered
368 Posts
If it's like this one, it's probably the one for the sedan.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Those attachment points/hooks don't come on the Focus. Someone installed them. Just because the cargo net has a dealer # doesn't mean it will fit. I bought a cargo net from the dealer for my 2011 Fiesta and it didn't fit. At all.

·
Registered
822 Posts
That part number comes up as the envelope style net. An example can be found here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-2011-2013-Ford-Focus-Fiesta-ENVELOPE-STYLE-CARGO-NET-VAA6Z-54550A66-A-/321043588346
I believe that was the same net I bought that was supposed to fit my Fiesta. Didn't, as you can see from this pic I took. Like the Focus it just had those square shape hooks. The cargo net had to be stretched to try to connect to them and it pretty much made the net unusable.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok, wow didn't know there was that many types... I bought mine straight from dealer, I though I would have better chance of being correct.. so where is a good place to get the right net to fit my hatchback.. thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I use one out of a junkyard Buick lesabre, just added hooks, fits better than the ford ones.

·
Registered
178 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Here's a pic of an attach point:

The net I got from the dealer didn't come with the mounting hooks. However I just used the built in plastic hook to the left for the net.

·
Registered
29 Posts
BrApple's pictures remind me of the wife's Rav 4. She had no mounting hooks, but did have recessed screws where a cargo net would make sense. The Focus (SE) seems to have recessed screws exactly where BrApple shows the T-Nut clips. There are also similar recessed screws just inside the tail. What I did for the wife's car was to add a picture frame clip to secure a generic (actually a Toyota) cargo net - perfect.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts