Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night when I went to get something out of my hatch, I went to open it and it unlocks and unlatches but part of the latch is still catching and won't let me open my hatch. Similtaniously my power locks won't open and my hatch release won't work either. I'm guessing the locks and hatch issues are related as both seemed to happen at the same time.

ALSO, at the same time...when I unplugged my iPod from my car (I have a Connex-to-Car cable), my iPod shut off and won't turn back on unless it's plugged back into my car. Now I don't know if this could be related but this also happened at the same time.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking I may have blown a fuse but the power lock fuse says it's on the back side of the fuse panel and it's freezing raining outside right now. Rep for good suggestions [thumb]

·
Registered
231 Posts
My only thought was the fuse to the C.L.S. like you were mentioning in your post, or a short in the wires to the locking mechanisms, and switches. Sorry I can't be of anymore help man, hope you figure it out, and when you do, do share!

·
Dumbledore dies?!?!
3,123 Posts
Hmm, maybe a fuse on the locks? The ipod sounds like it needs a restore. My Iphone's done that, but it was a hard lock so I had to restore it.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh I forgot to mention, when I hit the FOB or the lock button on the doors, I can hear two clicks each time I hit it from by the glove box area.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bumpity bump...anyone?

·
Registered
268 Posts
The noise you are hearing from the glove box area is probably the GEM module. It is the generic electronic module and it is the body module (controls locks/windows/warning chimes...) It is to the body electronics what the pcm is to the engine electronics. It is mounted against the pcm at the base of the right a-pillar. If you lower the glove box (press in on the tabs and lower the glove box all the way) you should see it. Disconnect the connectors and check for water intrusion. Leave everything disconnected for 5min and reconnect it. Some of these modules "loose their mind" occasionally and a simple reset can sometimes fix them. The module contains a number of relays and those are what you are probably hearing click. A bad GEM module could account for all of the problems you are having.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome, thanks for the info. I'll look into that tommorow.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I tried to unplug everything and it didn't do anything. Could it possibly be the module itself went out?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I could be the module itself. I would check to see if you are getting proper power and ground signals at your lock switches first. If those check out check power and ground to the lock actuators. Fuses 32 and 63 feed the lock portions of the GEM module, check both of those first. Since none of your power locks are working AND your hatch isn't releasing I would suspect something that is common to all of those things (fuse/ground/module...)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts