Focus Fanatics Forum banner

136741 - 136760 of 136777 Posts

·
ninja lurker status
23,134 Posts
What's the point of marinating the hot peppers or whatever I saw you were doing?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
i'm fermenting the peppers to turn them into hot sauces.
serranos, habaneros, and ghost peppers.
it kind of pickles them, i think, so then they are more shelf stable.
but honestly, i don't specifically know. i just watched some youtube videos on making hot sauces and somewhat followed what they did. i just had way too many peppers on my plants and needed to do something with them. and always wanted to try making hot sauce, especially after finding out i legally can't start a jerky business out of my own kitchen lol. just trying some things out since i would like to have a small side hustle/business going.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,047 Posts
The hoops you have to jump through and permits to sell venison is insane. So difficult.

That makes sense on the peppers. Shelf life, hot sauce pretty simple to make?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
ninja lurker status
23,134 Posts
yep.
and with (feral) HOGS being such a problem down here in Texas, it would be awesome to do hog jerky... but like you said about venison, it's difficult to be able to legally sell wild hog.. but i made some buffalo hog jerky... omg that was amazing!
but when we get land and build, i will build a commercial kitchen at the same time. that way i can start my jerky business legitimately.

i know when i make my fresh salsa, it stays good in the fridge for a couple months, if i don't eat it all before then.
from what i have seen, hot sauces can keep refrigerated for 6+ months. if i were to add preservatives, which i don't want to do, it could keep a year, maybe more.

i probably have half a pound of ghost peppers i need to take off my plant. they weren't ripe when i harvested them last. but now they are good to go!

·
Thats What She Said
10,698 Posts
I am sure we would be willing Guinea pigs to any of your jerkey attempts to help reduce that overstock of jerkey you must have... :)

·
ninja lurker status
23,134 Posts
yep. no overstock.
i've done some testing, and left some in the pantry in a ziploc for 9ish months and it was still good.
dry, but good.
no mold or anything to worry about.

working through some blueberry ghost pepper venison jerky right now.
so freaking good!!!

and if you were local, it would be easier to have guinea pigs. shipping is a hassle when you get home after post offices are closed

and that reminds me, i need to put some jerky in my hunting gear. going public land hunting monday and i will need snacks.
to find a deer, one must become one with deer. i'll start by putting deer in my belly!

·
Registered
788 Posts
So I made a video about my screw pop repair project going on in the main bedroom. This is my first time doing this and so far it has turned out perfect. It wouldn't be possible without the different paint / drywall forms out there.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Thats What She Said
10,698 Posts
Happy new year all!

·
Thats What She Said
10,698 Posts
My kids made it... But likely was helped from the two litter of Sprite that they downed them selves through out the night.

Have this week off also and have been busy working on the car, taking care of a new baby, and work on the basement. Time off at work to stay busy at home.

·
ninja lurker status
23,134 Posts
happy belated new years.
been sick with a horrible sinus infection/chest cold thing
i was in bed at 8pm NYE, but that was part sick and part my dog hates fireworks but will calm down some if we are in bed with her.

i'm loving your duct project Chris.
IF i ever start racing again, i want to do something similar to my SVT, using the svt fog holes. i have some CNC mesh plates in the holes now... but i'm focusing on paying off debt and such and would need to buy a trailer to start racing (plus maintenance and stuff)

·
Thats What She Said
10,698 Posts
Hope your feeling better. First day back to work for me in the last two years.

Brake duct work is going well. I am at a wall though with the routing of the hose. I really don't like how it will route under the cross member to get to the back side of the knuckle, which is starting to put a cloud over my custom cut plates. I have not made the plate yet but may see how I can nozzle in between the caliper and the knuckle. Just not a lot of room in there, but does provide two easy bolts to attach to.

Wish I had massive amounts of money or owned a business that had machining and fabrication equipment. Would make some of this stuff a lot easier. Might see if a 3D metal print would work and its cost.

·
ninja lurker status
23,134 Posts
thanks. i'm getting there. way better than i was, but far from back to normal.

good luck! the good thing is that it isn't a daily so no real rush and whatnot. i mean, the sooner it's done the better yeah. but you know what i mean.

·
Thats What She Said
10,698 Posts
When you make a 3D model and upload it and the price tage for printing exceeds $700.... Need to rething material and perhaps the design and possibly material. Trying to create a odd brake duct that now snakes into the caliper area... I have a 20mm x 15mm i need to snake a 3" hose to... And have the heat of brakes. It's likely a no go on Aluminum, steel is 1/3 the price. Need to thin the material up a bit more perhaps and see bout other ways I can srink the material.

·
Thats What She Said
10,698 Posts
Guess who feel like crap? I do! Confirmed case of the Flu.., blah. Stuck at home and worthless, not like I can work on the car or even help out the wife and kids.

First time I can recall ever actually getting the flu.

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,623 Posts
Guess who feel like crap? I do! Confirmed case of the Flu.., blah. Stuck at home and worthless, not like I can work on the car or even help out the wife and kids.

First time I can recall ever actually getting the flu.
That sucks. Hope you feel well soon.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Thats What She Said
10,698 Posts
Looks like fun. But your running out of room.

Feeling better but now the wife has it. Been a lazy weekend. And somewhat frustrating that I am at home not working but not healthy enough to work on the car.

Apparently my SVT header is bent, and will need to bend it back so my off road pipe will clear the CV shaft. Think my fancy lower radiator support did that. So took that off cut out the section of pipe that's close to the header.

Will try to bend it back. Want to hear what it sounds like with no cat.

136741 - 136760 of 136777 Posts