Focus Fanatics Forum banner

136701 - 136720 of 136734 Posts

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,010 Posts
Us also. Haven't had a good day yet out of both of them. Quite the start.

While they have been sleeping I got my attic filled with insulation. Just remnants. But it's free.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
Thats What She Said
10,662 Posts
Nice. Still pisses me off that the builder of our house only insulated the garage walls that were shared with inside walls (which is only one and a half of them. The attic, a whole side and half the other were boarded up with dry wall. So if I want to insulate it will be some fun. Thought about blowing some insulation in the attic at least but the walls still bug me.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Nice. Still pisses me off that the builder of our house only insulated the garage walls that were shared with inside walls (which is only one and a half of them. The attic, a whole side and half the other were boarded up with dry wall. So if I want to insulate it will be some fun. Thought about blowing some insulation in the attic at least but the walls still bug me.
That is very normal. With my job I get to drive through all of the new developments, and regardless of the company that's building them I've never seen a single one insulate the garage.
Any house built in a development is crap. If you want it built right it has to be done from a custom builder.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Thats What She Said
10,662 Posts
^^ Yea understand that. It would be great if they left it open, but the fact that they also dry walled it up and taped it and did rough mud makes that they did enough work to make it the most work for me.

·
Registered
692 Posts
^^ Yea understand that. It would be great if they left it open, but the fact that they also dry walled it up and taped it and did rough mud makes that they did enough work to make it the most work for me.
Fire code that's why they have to finish garage walls. Even mud and tape is required by most fire codes.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Thats What She Said
10,662 Posts
Fire code that's why they have to finish garage walls. Even mud and tape is required by most fire codes.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using FF Mobile
Ahh... Growing up our garage just has open studs for the walls and ceiling but sealed off on the shared wall. Guess fire codes will have changed over the last 40 years.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,010 Posts
Yeah outside garage walls are rarely insulated unless requested. I'm going 2-3 layers thick up top just because nothing is stored up there and there isn't anything up there to do. Keep heat and cold out is the plan.

I want to redo it all but that would be a huge undertaking when I am going to build a garage anyway.

·
ninja lurker status
23,126 Posts
PUPPIES.. sucks they are sick, but they are cute. we will likely be adding 1-2 in the near future
i want to insulate the walls in my garage (detached) and insulate both garage doors (double door for driveway/single door out the back)

·
Thats What She Said
10,662 Posts
Yea insulating the garage door is easy to do and has been on my to do list for ever but is still not done...

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,010 Posts
Harper stayed the night at the vet tonight with Parvo. Hopefully pick her up today... fluids and whatnot should help.

Hazel is back to normal. Scary.

One more trip for insulation and the garage will have a double layer.

·
ninja lurker status
23,126 Posts
well, my puppers is sick now.
she isn't eating. they have done blood work and xrays and injected her with fluids. she is supposed to get an ultrasound today.
the vet claimed the readings from her gallbladder and liver are elevated and her white blood counts are low.
they claimed to rule out the possibility of a tumor.
they are thinking it is either serosis of her liver, which can be common in border collies and herding dogs, or that she ate something toxic and her body is trying to reject it.

hopefully we get some good news today.

i swear, this is the most expensive dog i have ever heard of. lol

·
ninja lurker status
23,126 Posts
well, they want to keep our dog for a few days to monitor her and get more fluids in her. all her toxicology screens and blood work came back relatively normal.

hope you got to pick yours up today, Jeff

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,010 Posts
well, they want to keep our dog for a few days to monitor her and get more fluids in her. all her toxicology screens and blood work came back relatively normal.

hope you got to pick yours up today, Jeff
Sure didn't. I called today and they want to keep her another 2 days.

·
Thats What She Said
10,662 Posts
Wow, another two days. Parvo sounds serious
, hope the pups of both of you recover.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,010 Posts
Wow, another two days. Parvo sounds serious
, hope the pups of both of you recover.
Yeah... if untreated (there is no cure), pups die within 48-72 hours. If they live through the First 2 days of medicine 95% fully recover.

·
ninja lurker status
23,126 Posts
good luck Jeff.

they told us that our dog started eating regular food again.
but they are still having to suck out a lot of fluid from her stomach and they aren't sure what the cause is.

·
ninja lurker status
23,126 Posts
good news.
as far as my dog, she is still at the animal hospital.
they are still pumping her stomach to remove the fluid.
but she is eating and pooping like normal

we went and visited her for a bit last night. she is so depressed and lonely.
they said we might be able to bring her home today at some point.

136701 - 136720 of 136734 Posts