Focus Fanatics Forum banner

136641 - 136660 of 136790 Posts

·
ninja lurker status
23,137 Posts
thanks.
our overnight lows are like 82-84.. so yeah, windows staying shut and ac on blast. lol

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Morning all.

Well the mountain about 50 miles south of me is on fire (1000+ acres 5% contained) Making all sorts of fun for air quality.

One week till I start travel for focus fest. hoping to crash in Denver area for the night and roll out with Denver people Friday AM.

Car is still getting cut and polished. Shoudl finish that today and start the glaze, sealant, and waxes and then clean the interior.

Going to keep the passanger seat in just for the fun of it.

·
ninja lurker status
23,137 Posts
stay safe with those fires.
fires all over the place right now. Utah, Alaska, the Amazon.

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,624 Posts
Also prepping for FF. New to me oem HIDs. Also going to pickup my new to me crash bar. Will be installing the crash bar when I stop for the night in Omaha.

Sent from another garage.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
stay safe with those fires.
fires all over the place right now. Utah, Alaska, the Amazon.
Thanks far enough away but its been updated to 3000+ acres so...

Its what happens when we had record braking wet spring and get all sorts of growth and then no real measureable rain in the last 60 days and high 90's low 100's. Everything all drys out and is just waiting for that one idiot to not be thinking.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Bold move putting a tow strap on that? I put a tow strap on a crash bad and it worked ok when gentle but when it really needed to pull it ripped it off. crash bars are designed more to be pushed toward the car then to be pulled from it. Been trying to figure out a good place for a new front strap. If this is a unwarranted fear I might add it to my front support bar which I upgraded to DOB tubing. Need to upgrade the frame bolting though, looks like yours mounts solid to the body.

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,624 Posts
I can see that. Unfortunately the oem crash bar in the US removed the tow hook spot. The rest of the world got it.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
I can see that. Unfortunately the oem crash bar in the US removed the tow hook spot. The rest of the world got it.

Fully understand that issue. Dont think the Mk1's had is else were but trying to find a good structural part on the Focus in the front is difficult the tow strap / tie down points are 2 feet into the car. the rear was easier.

Trying to get a solid tow mount to the inner points will require fab work that I dont think I can work or trust.

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,624 Posts
So I had to do some headlight repair. The passanger side one popped off its internal mounts. So I couldn't aim it. Had to remove both high and low beam bulbs so I could get a good grip to pop it back in place.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Well morning all.

hope everyone has had a good post FF19 week.

Weather is starting to get cool at night wich is nice!

·
ninja lurker status
23,137 Posts
morning.
i would like it to cool down.
our high saturday is still in the upper 90s.
got my annual dove season opener hunt this weekend and then the wedding in like 2.5 weeks!

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Sounds like a fun weekend. and Hope everything will go well for the wedding. Excited for yea!

·
ninja lurker status
23,137 Posts
Sounds like a fun weekend. and Hope everything will go well for the wedding. Excited for yea!
thanks!
i'm super excited as well

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Well had some unexpected repairs I needed to make on the SVT. could tell something smelled like burining or hot electronics on my way home from work. the Pigtail connector was smoking when I got home. I had replaced the resistor last year (it had rusted so bad the wire was just an open) but this time its the connector. Got the new pigtail soldered in since I had it laying around from when I replaced the resistor. but the plug was so melted that I had to steel the resistor from my other focus.

Fun times when its off and on rain/thunder storms and your just working in a drive way.

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Just registered for my first HPDE4 event.

Oct. 4th and 5th.

will have my wheels by then but no tires or spacers.

working overtime to pay for all this...

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
Yea, race car life is all about spending money...

Will get a good set of slick tires for next year. The nationals for NASA are also going to be held in Utah so that will be exciting.

It will be the first time doing the whole full track. All 4.48 miles and 23 turns!

·
Thats What She Said
10,704 Posts
I need to get better cameras. My last track session the updating of my data overlay and trying to import from the Go-Pro was not really working. And my old Hero 3+ Silver (IIRC) is now old enough that the battery does not last a 20 min session either...

but will be posting a few videos and pictures

I am on work travel till the day before the track weekend so it will be a mad rush to get the car ready. I wont have done the shroud / ducting I was planing on doing before this event so my fans will likely be running. just need to keep an eye on my temps but October should be cooler than the middle of summer.

Likely will be working on the car while at the track to do the brake pads (got my new HP+ pads). got an oil change I may be trying out the Amazon basics full synth stuff.

Daniel how is your part of Texas doing for the floods?

136641 - 136660 of 136790 Posts