Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my radio on my 2012 focus with an Alpine DVD player. I want to know if anyone has rewired the factory USB and AUX that are in the center console, to function with their aftermarket radio? Is the 3.5mm aux a 3 pole or a 4 pole? What wire colors are which, for wiring it up to a male 3.5mm aux to plug into the back of my Alpine? What wire colors are which, for wiring the USB to a male USB to plug into the back of my Alpine?

I am also wondering if anyone else has had problems with programming the Axxess ASWC-1 steering wheel control? My Metra wiring harness was pre-wired for the steering wheel control so I assume that the wiring has to be correct but it won't work. TIA

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the Car Audio section, you'll probably get more info. here.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Don't think I've done factory AUX integration in a newer Focus, but it shouldn't be hard. Plug in an AUX cable, then do a continuity check between one of the conductors on the tip and one of the wires in the factory AUX harness. Should be able to find out which wire is left, right, and ground from that.

As for the ASWC, you have SYNC? If you have sync, you have to tap the volume up button continually during first power-up/after master reset. Keep tapping it until it's finished programming (45-60 seconds). If you don't have SYNC, don't hit any buttons during programming! It should find it automatically. Also, you have to cut a wire going to the display. Even though you're using a harness prewired for the ASWC, they can't cut factory wires for you. :)
http://contentdocs.installernet.com/documents/vehicle/12339.pdf

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I was just hoping for someone to have already done it to save me time when I get around to it.

Ok thanks I will try cutting that wire and try to reprogram it. For some reason I don't have the same paperwork as what is in that link. I appreciate it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts