Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a deal on these 2017 Fusion wheels, and plan to put them on my 2013 focus SE. Has anybody tried this? They have the same lug pattern, center bore, but I'm not sure about offset. I do feel good about width and tire size. I'll be going from the stock 215 width tire to a 235. A focus ST has that size from the factory, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Couldn't say no to 4 wheels for $100.. Paint is ordered.. no tires yet. I plan to use a 235/45r17 tire to keep the speedometer the same.

Any advice is helpful, thank you..

Attachments

· Registered
143 Posts
I found a deal on these 2017 Fusion wheels, and plan to put them on my 2013 focus SE. Has anybody tried this? They have the same lug pattern, center bore, but I'm not sure about offset. I do feel good about width and tire size. I'll be going from the stock 215 width tire to a 235. A focus ST has that size from the factory, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Couldn't say no to 4 wheels for $100.. Paint is ordered.. no tires yet. I plan to use a 235/45r17 tire to keep the speedometer the same.

Any advice is helpful, thank you..
This website is a wonderful resource for wheel shopping...

The Fusion wheels are visible here, Ford Fusion 2017 - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs
The 17" wheels are 17x7.5" wide with a 55mm offset.

The Focus wheels on the 2013 are 16x7 with a 50mm offset, 17x7 with a 50mm offset, or 17x7 with a 55mm offset. The 5mm difference won't matter at all, clearances will be fine.

You may want to just run the 215 50R 17 tire instead of the 235. It will preserve your MPG better than the wider tire, and the traction gains are minimal at best and unless you're tracking the car, won't actually matter.

My 2013 SE came with 17's from the factory due to the 201A option package. I have two sets of matching wheels, run a set for summer, a set for winter with Blizzaks, and average the same MPG on both tires.

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This website is a wonderful resource for wheel shopping...

The Fusion wheels are visible here, Ford Fusion 2017 - Wheel & Tire Sizes, PCD, Offset and Rims specs
The 17" wheels are 17x7.5" wide with a 55mm offset.

The Focus wheels on the 2013 are 16x7 with a 50mm offset, 17x7 with a 50mm offset, or 17x7 with a 55mm offset. The 5mm difference won't matter at all, clearances will be fine.

You may want to just run the 215 50R 17 tire instead of the 235. It will preserve your MPG better than the wider tire, and the traction gains are minimal at best and unless you're tracking the car, won't actually matter.

My 2013 SE came with 17's from the factory due to the 201A option package. I have two sets of matching wheels, run a set for summer, a set for winter with Blizzaks, and average the same MPG on both tires.
Thanks very much! I actually ordered some 225 50s just before seeing your post. I would have considered the 215s! Are yours 17x7.5? My only concern would be sidewall stretch. But I can't imagine it being too bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts