Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states has anyone been able to pull apart the tail lights, like separate them? I am wanting to go gloss back around the chrome part and am trying not to use niteshade. Rather paint the housing.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Cant be too hard. Just bake them as you would with headlights

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I am thinking. It would also help me because one of mine is leaking so I could seal that up.

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,207 Posts
Cant be too hard. Just bake them as you would with headlights
Tail lights cant take much heat in the oven like headlights can. Also many tail lenses are ultrasonic welded to the housing so the oven won't undo the weld. Most people have to cut them open.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
That's what I am thinking. It would also help me because one of mine is leaking so I could seal that up.
This is a common issue with the 08-11 taillights. It mostly is because the gasket where the bulb goes in goes bad. But as stated they cannot be heated nearly as much as headlights can. My chrome stock set actually warped from sitting on a shelf during the summer in my parents barn.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
You'd be better off just buying some SES taillights. It's likely you'll just end up ruining the lights when you attempt to disassemble them.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But I don't really want the dark chrome lights. I want the chrome to be gloss black, I might just get a set from the yard and experiment a little. Or just find dark chrome ones and call it done anyway.

·
Registered
408 Posts
So I guess everyone at Ford is idiots? That is what it is classified as in the Ford Parts catalog.
HOLY COW this is so funny[ffrocks][headbang][hihi][hihi][hihi][hihi][hihi][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl] everywhere you go on here everyone is fighting over something I would over look without even noticing

1 - 16 of 16 Posts