1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
259 Posts
i made a fiberglass box that looks similar to that, for my amp i mounted it on the back of the seat. there is no room on the back of the box for anything.

·
Registered
0 Posts
It's been a while since I've seen one of these Thunderform Enclosures but I don't think there's room on the back side to mount it. I'd probably mount it to the back of your seat if I were you just make sure the wires are all run clean if you do it because it looks like poopie if the wiring isn't cleanly wrapped or organized.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok.

Thanks for the Advice I will mount it to the back of the Seat...

·
Registered
433 Posts
You can also mount it under your passenger seat. It is very easy to run wires there.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is I carry someone and they go in the Back of my car wouldn't they hurt the amp??

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry you guys my spanglish took over when I was asking the question...

My question was...

"What if someone rides in the back of the car and sit on the amp or the place where I

mounted the amp wouldn't that hurt the amp"

·
Registered
579 Posts
well on the back of the seat no one would be ssitting in the trunk. and under the passenger seat im sure theres the risk of someone kicking it and doing some damage.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's is so true.. I have a 3 year old so I know he will the hell out of it...

Thanks for the advice guy.. I will post a pic soon...

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
id say make something and mount the amp on the opposite side of the hatch....

·
Registered
433 Posts
Back to the amp under the seat it was just a suggestion. I have had mine under there for 2+ years and never had anything happen to it. The amps are small enough that they stay very tucked up under the seat and they don't get hurt.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
how often do you have little kids in your back seat thought? he said he has a young child they tend to get everywhere they SHOULDNT

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
I put one behind the glove box next to the interior climate control fan

·
Registered
411 Posts
I want this but i already got my two 10" subs. and I'Ve got a BIG amp for them. and i got 2 other amp for the front speakers and for the rear speakers.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My son is not all the time with me. Also how did you ran the cables under the carpet?

Did you have to take the passenger seat out?

Did you had to separate the carpet and then glue it back on?

Thanks,

John

5,155 Posts
Get some MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard), make a panel on the opposite side of the hatch and mount the amp there. Then make a cover so it hides the wiring, but cut out a window so you can see the amp. For cosmetic purposes, cover it with carpet. Would look pretty cool IMO (better than mounting it on the seat back).

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got the unit installed last night.. It is bad ass!!! I love it.. I will post pics soon.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts