Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed today in my 2017 Focus titanium that the little tabs that are supposed to center your cup, bottle, or whatever, have pushed themselves in the console. It's still under complete warranty, but just wondering what could have caused it.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Noticed today in my 2017 Focus titanium that the little tabs that are supposed to center your cup, bottle, or whatever, have pushed themselves in the console. It's still under complete warranty, but just wondering what could have caused it.
Do you have children? ;)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Wierd. Those tabs are hollow rubber bubbles in my 15, those look like plastic spring loaded tabs? Seems more complicated than needed. Try gently popping them back out with a small flat blade screwdriver.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wierd. Those tabs are hollow rubber bubbles in my 15, those look like plastic spring loaded tabs? Seems more complicated than needed. Try gently popping them back out with a small flat blade screwdriver.
Tried it, would not stay in, but I did find this video that shows what it looks like, I think they are going to have to order me a complete unit. But still it is weird how it failed

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not sure if you fixed this or not, but this happened on my 2017 SE. I ended up replacing it with the Euro Style cupholders, but it is an easy fix. There is a stretchy plastic band that wraps around the cup holders, and it holds those plastic pieces in place. The band had slipped off of the plastic pieces on mine, and I just reset them. You just have to pull out your center console to fix it, which is kind of a pain.

https://imgur.com/h5zPIrz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts