Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious if anyone has done this on an SE trim level. I've seen on Youtube that it is possible to do this on a Focus with My Ford Touch but I have not seen this done with an SE with only sync.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Not without adding in some sort of aftermark screen. Can't do it OEM without great, great difficulty and hassle.

·
Infidel
3,307 Posts
Not without adding in some sort of aftermark screen. Can't do it OEM without great, great difficulty and hassle.
Really? Because the Escape with SYNC only uses a small screen for its rear view cam.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I had one installed in my ST1 which has only sync and no touch screen. the screen is now in the rearview mirror. cost was $700

·
Registered
36 Posts
I installed one with aftermarket screen hanging near rear view mirror. Possible for screen to be toggled with a switch or turn on automatically when in reverse. Cost me about $60 ordering both the camera and screen from Amazon.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am considering changing my Sony head unit for one of these. In the item description it mentions automatic switching for a rear view camera.

http://m.lightinthebox.com/8-inch-1...gps-canbus-rds-wifi-ipod-fm-swc_p2070076.html

http://youtu.be/Fv4iA2V8e0w
I have a similar aftermarket unit. The unit is great, it's loaded with features, bluetooth navigation, backup cam, dashcam w/dvr, sd card playback, ipod interface, etc. It's basically plug and play, but you do have to buy the camera and wire it yourself, and route and mount the gps antenna.

The android based software is somewhat unreliable. It crashes occasionally and has problems with navigation freezing up. Each software update made some things better and other things worse. I found a forum thread that showed me how to revert it to the older WinCE based software and it works great.

If you're going to buy one of those I highly recommend looking for a S100 model. It comes stock with the WinCE software and if you're really dying to try out the Android on it it can be upgraded. There are about 5 different manufacturers using the same faceplate covering different head units, so make sure it says it's an S100.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I have Sync, no MFT. I replaced my rear view camera and got a mirror/screen combo and bought a license plate camera. Installation was around $80, so I probably paid around $300ish to get that done for me.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Rynocity, thanks for the info. I'll do some reading on this product. Good to have feedback regarding the android option. I have the paid version of sygic navigation which I was planning to run, if Windows CE is more reliable then that is likely the better option. I'm interested in the dvr optional extra and front camera too. I used to be an installer for car audio so fitting shouldn't be too much of an issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts