Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 09 focus with 76,000 mile has had this very loud ticking since the day i bought it . sounds like valve or other internal problems. anyway recently after doing some searching , i found a TSB about it. its from the fuel rail. and the repair is to install a foam sound cover on the fuel rail. If your car is under powertrain or bumper to bumper they will cover it. mine has none. so i called the dealer and they knew exactly what i was talking about. i ordered the cover for $18.00 and it slid right on. noise is completly gone!!! from what they told 08-09 models only need it because 10-11 models have it from the factory. anyway sorry if this has been cover on the forum before. just thought it was helpfull info. Also both my back doors and some times the the front pass door , dont unluck even by pulling up the knob on the door. and they wont work with power release. then next time they decide to work. very strange. if anyone else has had this and found a remedy i would app the info. because why would 3 actuators quit at the same time and not always the same ones? thanks

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hi bean499,

It's great that you were able to resolve your ticking noise so inexpensively! As for your door locks, I'm not sure if the actuators did go bad at the same time, but your dealer can diagnose it, and may be able to provide an equally affordable solution. [:)]

~Natasha

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi - yes iam happy about the fuel rail noise solution, and i did stop by my dealers body/ recon shop about a small dent and they said they could fix the door locks. they said it was the door latches and they are going to adjust them for nothing for me. thanks for your concern

1 - 3 of 3 Posts