Focus Fanatics Forum banner

101 - 120 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
I do undertsand your point as the same point was made back when the mk2 focus rs was launched but yet that still happened as I attended the launch party at dunton ford research centre in essex england, I see no reason for it to be simple speculation as the evidence we was shown in person and the options chosen from the salesmans pack and expected delivery date of december 2016 to his home appear nothing but legit

heres a pic of the mk2 frs at ford uk headquarters when the same speculation was rife on the web with people saying they would not release one

also some more info for those of you with the early mk3 frs , Stage 2 for Focus RS MK3 is coming soon, with over 419 BHP and 557 NM.

After months of calibration and testing on road and track, we thought it was about time we put the Stage 2 RS on the Dyno to see what the figures looked like.

Currently running 368 WHP and 564 NM using our in-house Dynapak Hub dyno, and independently tested on MAHA rolling road dyno we saw 419 BHP and 557 NM. We are rolling out BETA software to our International dealers as we speak, full release coming soon.

·
Registered
364 Posts
This has stopped me from purchasing. Not willing to pay over 40000 and thats alot.
As of today, my dealer has two sitting on the showroom floor. Both with a $10,000 mark up.

I might if I had to pay sticker, but no - they can keep them. They did try this on a GT500KR a while back, and it was that car sat for two years on the floor until they dropped it back to sticker, and it went then. Two year old but still full sticker - to a collector.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I sell new fords and I can tell you we have sold every one that comes through the door within days if they weren't sold before they arrived. We ask a 7,500 mark up and no one even bats an eye that is a serious buyer. We just got a Stealth Gray one in yesterday that has no deposit on it so lets see how long it lasts.. haven't had one sit here much over a week yet!

·
Multi-Focusing
3,868 Posts
I paid no where near that for my ADM although I paid a little over MSRP. You guys are crooks lol. [deviltail]

I am however curious to see how many are left over next year at this time and how much prices will be.

·
Focus Preacher
3,408 Posts
Oh and by the way you may want to check out the recalls before you sell that SG RS lol.

Can't sell that car just yet. [wrenchin]
What was the recall letter about?

·
Registered
17 Posts
My son purchased a new blue RS last week and we went to visit him Monday. He let me drive it to lunch. Holy mother of doG! I realize I couldn't own one of these and keep a clear license, but it would be a fun two weeks. [woot] My old ZX-4 SES manual will have to suffice.

·
Multi-Focusing
3,868 Posts
Holy mother of doG!
Nice lol. We kinda did the same thing.

Tell him (if he doesn't know already) to sign up at FocusRS.org. Everything he ever wanted to know about the RS is on that site.

The RS Academy sold out in 72 hours on Jan. 25th when it went live. We are booked to go in June.

Make sure he knows about it if his dealership neglected to tell him.

He's gonna love that car. It's badass IMHO. Wife and I LOVE ours!! [drinking]

·
Multi-Focusing
3,868 Posts
What wheel/tire setup did you get? Congrats on the RS. [drinking]

Take it easy for the first 1K don't go over 4.5K RPM so they say. Depends on who you ask lol.

Unplug the fake engine sound is the first mod you need to do. It's the plug farthest away from you when you open the hatch.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I just went with the base wheels and tires. It's got the RS2 package and no other options. I had the same tires on my '07 Focus and they transformed that car.

I took it pretty easy for the first 300 miles, and am starting to play with it more now. I'm breaking it in like a motorcycle, stressing it a little more every 200 miles or so until 1,000.

101 - 120 of 140 Posts