Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 140 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Well there are gonna be two people in Houston who will be happy. Salesperson couldn't say if this and the blue one (far right side) were already taken or if there was dealer mark-up over the sticker.

Was just there yesterday at planet ford its still there its $37,900 they have it marked up to 5k over sticker ($42,900), Black is too hard to keep clean will never buy another black vehicle.

Tomball Ford has a Stealth Grey one don't remember exact price but they wanted 7k over sticker ( he did tell me he could knock his boss down to 5k lol). Bro what part of i aint paying over sticker do you not get. salesman didn't know jack shit about the car although He was nice enough to let me sit in it ,start it up, rev on it and pop the hood

Gullo Ford in Conroe had a white one they sold a few weeks ago for 10k over sticker! guy came from out of state to buy it.

WTF man i will not pay over sticker

How many of you guys think this will only be a 2 year model car? due to design change in focus?......Or could it be like the lightning which kept old f150 body style for one more year only for the lightning though.

I want the blue but the stealth grey does look sick

Im probably going to wait until 2017 model to see what the kinks are with the car and this new AWD system.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
100% only going to be a two year run (2016 and 2017).

I can see the ST possibly coming back a year or two into the new generation Focus as it did into the MK3 (on sale late 2012 here as a 2013 vs the 2012 USDM reveal of the MK3 base).

The RS is only built in Saarlouis, Germany, and is the home of the Focus for Western Europe, so they will be one of the first plants to switch over to the new car more than likely.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Where are you in Socal? How close to San Diego? Just got mine back from Mountune so I'm data logging, you can meet me somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
The RS is a sweet car but I'm glad my STI is only a few more payments from being all mine and I only paid $32k for it used with 3800 miles on it and it came with the accessport.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Is a RS500 even in the works?
Apart from rumors I've not seen any valid evidence that there will be any change to the last run of the MK3 Focus RS for 2017 based on the released order guides being shown.

Not to say that it could not happen, but it seems highly unlikely.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
I've never even heard of the rs500. I had to Google it...lol. Seems like it will not come to the US. So far it's in Europe only and it will only be in small quantities.

2018 Ford Focus RS500 Spied ? News ? Car and Driver
More speculation without substance. There is no RS500 in Europe for this generation of RS so far. There is also only likely to be 1 more model year worth of production before the new car is due. You'd think that we'd have more concrete evidence by now if such a vehicle existed other than one car on the Nurburgring that could just be an old development mule or someone's idea of a sick joke. Lol.

·
Registered
278 Posts
It is NOT speculation as ford dealers here are taking orders for the rs500 now and is due here pretty soon, as always with these rs500s it will be limited numbers, my cousin was invited along to the local ford dealership along with me where he was given the chance to purchase one as he also owns the mk2 rs500 and the 3dr cosworth rs500 plus ltd edition st500 mk2 focus models and as a valued customer he was given the option of buying the new rs500, which he paid the required $10,000 deposit a few weeks back

Apart from rumors I've not seen any valid evidence that there will be any change to the last run of the MK3 Focus RS for 2017 based on the released order guides being shown.

Not to say that it could not happen, but it seems highly unlikely.
maybe in the states this is true which is why I asked if you guys will get it, but here in the uk 1st ones for customers are expected late 2016 early 2017

More speculation without substance. There is no RS500 in Europe for this generation of RS so far. There is also only likely to be 1 more model year worth of production before the new car is due. You'd think that we'd have more concrete evidence by now if such a vehicle existed other than one car on the Nurburgring that could just be an old development mule or someone's idea of a sick joke. Lol.
just because you dont actually know about the rs500 does not mean its not going to happen, as it is happening now =FACT and Im in london-England and saw the saleman's take my cousins order as I did the deal for him as he bought a roush imported mustang at same time

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
It is NOT speculation as ford dealers here are taking orders for the rs500 now and is due here pretty soon, as always with these rs500s it will be limited numbers, my cousin was invited along to the local ford dealership along with me where he was given the chance to purchase one as he also owns the mk2 rs500 and the 3dr cosworth rs500 plus ltd edition st500 mk2 focus models and as a valued customer he was given the option of buying the new rs500, which he paid the required $10,000 deposit a few weeks back

maybe in the states this is true which is why I asked if you guys will get it, but here in the uk 1st ones for customers are expected late 2016 early 2017

just because you dont actually know about the rs500 does not mean its not going to happen, as it is happening now =FACT and Im in london-England and saw the saleman's take my cousins order as I did the deal for him as he bought a roush imported mustang at same time
It is 100% speculation if it has not been revealed by Ford Motor Company in public.

Just because some dealerships are preying on people and pumping up artificial demand does not mean that the car exists.

Could they in fact end up making a car wrapped in black vinyl with the Mountune MP375 kit installed from the factory ala the MK2 RS500?

Sure, however there is no evidence to support that this is even happening outside of speculation around one car that someone put hood vents and hacked the wing up in Saarlouis and took to the 'Ring.

If it happens cool, but don't be surprised that it does not happen.

Saying that yes it is happening like it's a fact even for Europe when it was not actually shown at any auto show or press release is taking what the salesman said on faith and their only job is to sell cars, not always tell the truth.

If there was an order guide or press release otherwise leaked onto the internet that might give more credence to the rumor, but without an official statement from Ford Motor Company it is only just a rumor prior to vehicles being revealed or delivered.

Dealers speculating on future products may not be entirely illegal but it sure seems immoral to get people's hopes and dreams up on a car that they may or may not be able to buy.

Hopefully you're right in that there will be a car at the end of that wait, but there is not sufficient evidence to say that yes there will be a more hardcore version of the most hard core Focus to date.

81 - 100 of 140 Posts