Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 140 Posts

·
Multi-Focusing
3,868 Posts
Think those are Summer tires??

Hehe
Ya think?..lol. In 2 months of reading the Focus RS forums I have yet to see a confirmed set of 18" snowflake ST wheels on an RS for winter.

Soooooo...I'll be testing our ST winter setup this weekend to see if it clears the front brakes.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Ya think?..lol. In 2 months of reading the Focus RS forums I have yet to see a confirmed set of 18" snowflake ST wheels on an RS for winter.

Soooooo...I'll be testing our ST winter setup this weekend to see if it clears the front brakes.
18x7.5 ET 50 is iirc what the OEM winter package wheel is, the 18x8 ET 55 ST wheel will not fit due to interference from the wheel spokes so it may require a wheel spacer to clear if close to the OEM ST wheel size.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I'm glad you aren't parking it for winter. I'm sure it will love to play in the snow.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

·
Multi-Focusing
3,868 Posts
18x7.5 ET 50 is iirc what the OEM winter package wheel is, the 18x8 ET 55 ST wheel will not fit due to interference from the wheel spokes so it may require a wheel spacer to clear if close to the OEM ST wheel size.
Yup was thinking the same thing. I'll figure out what I need when I do a test fit.

Most guys on the RS forums are going with an aftermarket wheel for winter.

My biggest concern when driving in winter is that the wire mesh on the upper and lower front grill will pack with snow if caught in a wet snowstorm.

Today coming home I had hay kicked up by another car in front of me and when I got home it took 20 minutes to clean it out of the wire mesh and the intercooler lol.

·
Registered
500 Posts
oh when i went to the local ford dealer to get my coolant ,saw the GM and asked him about a RS ,they said they are getting 1, think he was surprised when i asked about ADM, but he told me $ 10k , so i said so about $ 47K ,he said no $ 52k WOW ! holy sugar batman ,

61 - 80 of 140 Posts