Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 140 Posts

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Found out today that mine is confimed "On US Soil" lol according to my dealer. That's all he knows.

This is freaking killing me with the waiting thing. [?|]

Also...I read on another forum that a guy got a diecast of his RS, a letter, and an invitation to the Miller Motorssports Park kinda like the ST academy thing from Ford Racing.

Any of you guys hear of this?

I went to the dealer today and told him I want all that stuff lmao. He said he's going to call the Ford rep and see what he can do.

I added...while you're at it tell him we what 2 Pewter RS thingies for our faubs, RS tshirts, and 2 RS hats as well since my wife and I will need this. [thankyou]

[drinking]
Since you didn't order the car technically someone else already got the die-cast model if it was ordered, though only the owner of the car or their family member that they send in their stead would be eligible to attend the RS Academy. The dealer could still try and ask if it had actually only been ordered for dealer stock on the model.

But if you were essentially buying a car that was already en route that someone else backed out of it's going to be tougher to get the model with it, as it is essentially not your order.

The rest of that doesn't come with the car either, but your dealer might pad the bottom line to provide it as part of their mark up just to make the customer happy. Lol.

·
Multi-Focusing
3,868 Posts
I was told that the guy who originally "ordered" the car was just going to park it in a shop and put the car cover over it. The guy has a bunch of old restored hotrods and muscle cars. He backed out at the last minute and I was there to buy it. Pure luck for us as we wanted one really really bad to say the least.

That's why I went into the dealer today and talked with the manager to make sure that even if the other guy already got the diecast and stuff that I am now the person who should be the one to have those perks regardless of who ordered it.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
I was told that the guy who originally "ordered" the car was just going to park it in a shop and put the car cover over it. The guy has a bunch of old restored hotrods and muscle cars. He backed out at the last minute and I was there to buy it. Pure luck for us as we wanted one really really bad to say the least.

That's why I went into the dealer today and talked with the manager to make sure that even if the other guy already got the diecast and stuff that I am now the person who should be the one to have those perks regardless of who ordered it.
It's the same as with the Focus ST. Only the initial pre-orders got the die cast Focus ST from Ford and the Go Pro camera during that promotion, if you bought the car later you got the car and could go to the Octane Academy.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, and I hope you do get a die cast model, but I was just explaining what I already have seen happen with the Focus ST from 2012 vs. ordering one today.

You will be able to go to the RS Academy or whatever they do end up calling it though, that goes to who ever actually buys the car and not the original person to order it.

I want an RS, I already have the die cast model as well as a 3D printed one to go with my Focus ST die cast model, but if I do get one I want to wait until the 2017 model year when it should be more readily available although I still don't expect there to ever be any A-plan on it.

Congratulations on finding one of the 2016s that someone backed out on and enjoy the car. Can't say I would have traded two Focus STs for one RS, but it will be worth it in the end if that's what you really wanted. [cheers]

·
Multi-Focusing
3,868 Posts
I heard today mine is "in transit" so I think there's a whole train car full of RS's heading West to Colorado because only 1 person has taken delivery (June 11th) in Castle Rock, CO and they purchased it in PA.

·
Registered
34 Posts
That's pretty cool. All the waiting and excitement will be worth it once you sit behind the wheel. Congrats, hopefully not too much longer.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
She should be happy, it won't be in pieces all over the garage like the red one....

Edit - Edit - Edit

Oops - Orange one....

·
Registered
292 Posts
Just posting to say I hate you all.. I am so jealous! LOL I have seen three locally.. The blue the white and this sick looking grey color....

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
216 Posts
Well there are gonna be two people in Houston who will be happy. Salesperson couldn't say if this and the blue one (far right side) were already taken or if there was dealer mark-up over the sticker.

41 - 60 of 140 Posts