Focus Fanatics Forum banner
541 - 560 of 595 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I had a dealership yesterday try to tell me that MSRP on an ‘18 RR was 60k. Lol

Sorry to inform you, it’s $43k.

Meaning you’re not going to sell me a used one for $47k.

It doesn’t work that way with me....

20-30% depreciation hit on mileage & therefore it’s a $35k car.

Do you want to sell it or not? Oh, trust me, I’m not loosing any sleep over it.....

I can buy a Corolla on any corner.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts

Do you want to sell it or not? Oh, trust me, I’m not loosing any sleep over it.....

We've been over this part... Some cars don't depreciate, and the father away we get from Ford stopping production, the more it looks like the RS is going the way of the collectors car.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Also, it amazes me how many dealerships are closed on Sundays.... seems odd to me since that’s a prime shopping day for so many.... CA dealers are open until 6-7pm on Sundays.

These out of state dealers then call on Monday & want to talk....

Sorry, I’m back to work, straight to voicemail.

·
Registered
27 Posts

Why don’t you just wait for the GR Corolla

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,813 Posts
Prices aren't going to come down between the chip shortage causing market issues, the fact the RS is no longer made and several other factors. Hell even used ST's are starting to fetch more money on the used market than they are worth. I wouldn't expect the used RS market to come down anytime soon. Unfortunately they're probably going to remain over priced but the entire used market is and has been over priced for years.

I bought my ST with 11k miles for $21k and now cars with triple the mileage in the same year range are being listed close to that price.

Reactions: Skikri

·
Registered
31 Posts
Why don’t you just wait for the GR Corolla

Dude, no joke, the GR Corolla is shaping up to be cool as hell. It's on my shortlist for possible replacements for my ST if/when it dies. Assuming the leaks/rumors we've seen are remotely true. I'm really hoping they slap the AWD from the GR Yaris in it. I'm just excited someone is bringing a hot hatch to the states to compete with the Veloster N.

Prices aren't going to come down between the chip shortage causing market issues, the fact the RS is no longer made and several other factors. Hell even used ST's are starting to fetch more money on the used market than they are worth. I wouldn't expect the used RS market to come down anytime soon. Unfortunately they're probably going to remain over priced but the entire used market is and has been over priced for years.

I bought my ST with 11k miles for $21k and now cars with triple the mileage in the same year range are being listed close to that price.
It's crazy! I bought my ST last year for $14k and could easily turn around and sell it for the same, maybe more. Kinda makes me wish I'd gotten the RS back when I was shopping, but I enjoy the extra gas mileage and less complexity.

Reactions: Skikri

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dude, no joke, the GR Corolla is shaping up to be cool as hell. It's on my shortlist for possible replacements for my ST if/when it dies. Assuming the leaks/rumors we've seen are remotely true. I'm really hoping they slap the AWD from the GR Yaris in it. I'm just excited someone is bringing a hot hatch to the states to compete with the Veloster N.

It's crazy! I bought my ST last year for $14k and could easily turn around and sell it for the same, maybe more. Kinda makes me wish I'd gotten the RS back when I was shopping, but I enjoy the extra gas mileage and less complexity.
Honestly I’m thinking the same thing, would be really fun to have a 3cyl…

For poker, it would be brand new showroom quality, similar feature set to an RS not as much power, likely more reliable (now much more remains to be seen), and will probably cost less.

You’d get a perfect car for less than the price of an imperfect RS.

Plus unlike the zupra and the 86 it’s an actual Toyota sports car not a rebadged car

·
Registered
1,291 Posts

Lol it’s now worth 12k for me....

I never pay more than the previous guy....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Lol it’s now worth 12k for me....

I never pay more than the previous guy....

You'd have to hand me the keys to an RS or a GT350 to get me to let this car go. I'm not saying it's worth anywhere NEAR an RS or a GT350 (it isn't, strictly speaking on a value level), but I love this car to death and it was worth every penny to me. I'd go back and buy it again if I could (and fix the heater core hose before it blew my engine up).

Legitimately, though. The Corolla GR might be the car for you. We're expecting an official announcement any time this year and will likely see them on sales floors next year. Rumors are ~300 HP out of a 3-cyl turbo powertrain with an option for a 6 speed. Some rumors say it'll get AWD like the GR Yaris, other rumors say it'll be stuck on FWD. We won't really know until Toyota tells us.

Reactions: Junits15

·
Registered
39 Posts
As awesome as the GR Corolla sounds, I don't think Poker will go for it. He has said many times the RS is the one he wants because it's got the looks to make him look cool while he goes grocery shopping. He also said that he doesn't care for how the Corolla looks.

He doesn't really care about the performance metrics of the car. So as long as the GR Corolla looks like the current hatchback, it's not the car for him.

Also, notice how he skipped your entire post about the GR Corolla and only responded to the worth of the ST....

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 SB ST3
35 Posts
You'd have to hand me the keys to an RS or a GT350 to get me to let this car go. I'm not saying it's worth anywhere NEAR an RS or a GT350 (it isn't, strictly speaking on a value level), but I love this car to death and it was worth every penny to me. I'd go back and buy it again if I could (and fix the heater core hose before it blew my engine up).

Legitimately, though. The Corolla GR might be the car for you. We're expecting an official announcement any time this year and will likely see them on sales floors next year. Rumors are ~300 HP out of a 3-cyl turbo powertrain with an option for a 6 speed. Some rumors say it'll get AWD like the GR Yaris, other rumors say it'll be stuck on FWD. We won't really know until Toyota tells us.
I paid off my ST recently and plan to keep it as my daily for the same reason while I save for something v8/rwd/stick. It's an amazing car for the money. I also saw a new corolla hatch with a stick at the market the other day. It's a sharp little car. I'd be lying if I told you I didn't check it out. It'll be even better in GR form.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I’d buy another ST before I buy an ugly Corolla.....

As I’ve said numerous times, I like the ST, just not the car I owned. It was too rough & had too many blemishes for me to be happy with it....

I took advantage of the market & dumped it at CarMax.....

The Corolla will never be an option....

·
Registered
31 Posts
I paid off my ST recently and plan to keep it as my daily for the same reason while I save for something v8/rwd/stick. It's an amazing car for the money. I also saw a new corolla hatch with a stick at the market the other day. It's a sharp little car. I'd be lying if I told you I didn't check it out. It'll be even better in GR form.
Yeah. Once the ST is paid off, I'm doing the same. Either a turbo-4 roadster (if Mazda ever releases another factory turbo'd Miata, I'd be all in) or a V8 RWD. The Mustang GT is on my short list. My dream car is a 2018 GT350R, but the chances of that are slimmer than finding an RS with a warranty.

Reactions: FSQM2

·
Registered
39 Posts
I’d buy another ST before I buy an ugly Corolla.....

As I’ve said numerous times, I like the ST, just not the car I owned. It was too rough & had too many blemishes for me to be happy with it....

I took advantage of the market & dumped it at CarMax.....

The Corolla will never be an option....

I thought the market meant ZERO to you? Which is it?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I thought the market meant ZERO to you? Which is it?

I took the ST for an appraisal back in May because I wanted to know if it had been in a non reported prior accident & wanted to see what price they’d give me.....

Had their offer been 17k, I’d still be driving it.... I was blown away when their appraisal confirmed ‘prior paperwork’ on the doors & still offered me 21k.

I couldn’t pass that up.... considering I wasn’t happy with it....

541 - 560 of 595 Posts