Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
they have been released here in the uk as I was at a ford show last weekend and saw plenty and a few of my buddys have them, people here are already starting to modify them changing body colour, wheels etc, theres around a 1 year waiting list here if placing orders now but most of us brits think the exterior looks a bit plain compared to the agressive looking mk2

·
Registered
278 Posts
Accents on the Black one look good, AFAIK we're still waiting our Boat load.
lets hope it stays afloat or their will be many rs buyers not very happy, some of the motoring journalists over here have compared them on road tests against all the rivals and it won the lot, just wish ford had made the car look a bit more mean like the mk2 as it does look very tame as that black one above parked next to st model its hard to spot the differences until you get close

heres another one in white at a show yesterday

for me the mk2 looks way better than the mk3 but the mk3 drive train is superior

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,085 Posts
Agreed...MK2 is better, the MK3 body style just isnt my taste. It's getting too big it seems.

And yeah Roger, The blue accents stuck out to me too.

·
So mote be it
8,905 Posts
most of us brits think the exterior looks a bit plain compared to the agressive looking mk2
It's only going to be a matter of time until someone gets some work down on the fenders/bumpers and widens the car

I think they could do better than just a bolt on looking rendering like this:
Rendering: 2016 Ford Focus RS Wide Body - Motorward

Marry it to the front bumper better and not go nearly as wide.

·
Registered
3 Posts
First ones hit the US shores about a week ago. They won't be in customers hands for another month I'd guess.
Was talking to my dealership last Thur. they said there were two that showed here in the US 1 was in Texas and 1 in New York I'm hoping we will start seeing our's by the 2nd week of June, the parts for mine were shipped to the plant on 4/14 and it showed that it was built on 4/25 and in transit on 4/28. I do have a set of Hoosier A-7's that just showed up today there are a set of OZ Leggeras on their way from the UK ,an RS would sure make the package complete [welcome]

·
Registered
194 Posts
How many of these threads have we seen over the years:

We might get the RS here!
No, we won't.
Yes, Ford could do it, there is a market for it.
No, it would cannibalize sales from the Mustang.
Not if they priced it exactly like so. Or like this. Or did that.
No, it's too European. They like the hot hatches over there.
I heard some guy say he heard a guy at Ford say they were thinking about it.
Sooo... You're saying there's a chance...

etc. etc.

And now it's on the way and it's all-wheel drive with a six-speed too. And it's world-class. OK, a three-door would have been cool, but still, I'm loving this. I can't wait to see one on the road.

I'm going to start saving my pennies now for my used one so all you guys better take good care of your new one because it might be mine someday.

·
So mote be it
8,905 Posts

No, we won't.

etc. etc.

And now it's on the way and it's all-wheel drive with a six-speed too. And it's world-class. OK, a three-door would have been cool, but still, I'm loving this. I can't wait to see one on the road.

I'm going to start saving my pennies now for my used one so all you guys better take good care of your new one because it might be mine someday.
Whats even funnier is the Mustang is now being exported to Europe and selling. Not so long ago, the Mustang was looked down on compared against European sport cars. They get a good Mustang and we get a great hot hatch, works out

·
Registered
322 Posts

No, we won't.

etc. etc.

Not the type of car you buy used IMO...unless you find someone that has meticulous service history on the car.

·
Registered
527 Posts
From my time on the RS forums...

- Euro ppl have/are getting their cars
- US ppl are still waiting for their cars to be:
+ Scheduled or Built (some have some haven't)
+ Get on a boat
+ have reached the US, but Ford has placed a hold order on them and they are at the docks.

1 - 20 of 140 Posts