Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all. recently ive wanted to get new taillights.... but i dont want to get altezzas or whatever, i wanted to get the actual euro taillights with the amber where our clear is at.
im planning on getting an SVT rear bumper cover for my zx3, so i dont really want to hack into that for putting backup lights in it.

so heres my idea.. make the red the running and brake lights, and then (when i get the amber ones) make the amber section the blinker and also the backup. yeah i know my visibility will be cut down with the amber's, but i dont drive anywhere i cant actually see or need the backup lights. but i still want the ability to have the lights come on for backup and turn signal.

so has anyone done this? i asked a few guys at work, i work at an r.v. dealership so we use diodes for the coach to power the towed car's lights and not have any feedback of 12volt. so i was thinking of doing the same thing, and another guy at my work said to take out the backup single element light bulb and socket and wire in a double element bulb and install it into the backup socket...... but do they make a double element socket that'll fit out backup socket?

thanks. i hope this isnt confusing... [???:)] [:D]

·
Registered
295 Posts
The GEM controls the brake lights AND the signal lights together.

This being said, I have euro lights installed on my whip and I swapped the amber bulb for a clear one and turned the brake lights into brake and turn and turned the turn into reverse....

From what I understand you cannot have a turn AND reverse in the same bulb.

However you CAN seperate the turn signal from the brake light by cutting into the gem wires and splicing them around. There is a thread on this I can find for you if you would like... but you lose the reverse lights doing this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts