Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

i had some bad spill on the carpet of the hatch back an was thinking bout changing the carpet to another color.

i have seen it on ebay, but didnt know how hard it was to do or if anyone has done it ? please post pics if you have them. thanks

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
soo.... has anyone changes the inside carpet on the focus??

·
Hon-duh Rider
1,347 Posts
Sorry to see no one responded yet...

I have never replaced carpet in a car (because I am anal about dirt and drinks and etc in my car) but I have seen other people that have actually gotten carpet and cut it to shape and glue it down.
It's not expert advice but something you could probably do yourself and not worry all that much about since it's in your "trunk". Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no, the spill was in the backseat, i jst meant to say i have a hatchback.
thanks anyway

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
also, there are companies that make pre-cut, pre-molded carpet kits as well.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
um, you need a molded carpet... cutting standard carpet will look bad... new molded carpet is pricey. it may be cheaper to have stanley steamer or some such pro, clean it.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think it was something strong, cause it ate away the carpet, wen cleaning it, it took away the carpet. so there is no ix at this point, just replacing

·
Registered
381 Posts
If you can't find a kit...talk to any upholstry shop that does cars. Ever watch Overhauling? They put new carpet in pretty much every car they touch.....the upholstry guys handle it fairly routinely.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool.thnx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts