Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i got my front bumper from f2 but it came with the sides all bent in and it has these thing on the side that stick up, dose this go away when i install it or do i need to heat it up a little for it to straitened out??

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
If it's urethane, it should be able to mold back if you sit it in the sun.

Any body shop can probably get it fixed for you, but they'll probably do the same thing. Just keep getting it warm and fitting it on till you get it good.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
and it has these thing on the side that stick up
Are you talking about the mold lines? If so then those have to be sanded down. Lol, shouldn't come as a surprise since the bumper wasn't prepped for paint right out of the box. But you can sand it down yourself if you're ever bored ;)

And yeah...the bumper will take it's normal shape when you take it out of the box and leave it in the sun for a bit

·
Registered
708 Posts
can you tell us what modding you did to it and PLEASE post some pictures

I am desperate for information regarding the RS bumper.

Did you get the wide or regular RS bumper?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
okay im sorry that i havent posted pics, i havent had a chance to but my car comes out of the shop on the 24th and i have pics how i got the bumper, soo i will show you guys before and after, just givesome time you know what imma see if i go one of these days and take some pics of it, that is if its still assembled,

i got the rs standard front bumper,

wings west side skirts, and wings west big mouth rear bumper

okay like i said when i started this post it had some things sticking up on the side due to the way it was shipped
i have the pics
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g275/cubanpimp707/008.jpg

okay soo those were fixed when i self tapped the top part of the bumper but the bottom

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g275/cubanpimp707/006.jpg

i had to leave the bumper for a couple of days in my back yard with one of those trunk organizers and a jack stand each pocket, i put it in the top of the bumper where it was sticking out and the weight and sun molded it back to place if you guy dont get it i will do it with my stock bumper and take pics

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g275/cubanpimp707/009.jpg

last but not least when its installed your going to have to shave the corners of the bumper down a litlle so it looks like it fits like stock im very picky and i used to spary cars soo i know how its suppose to look and a little something about bodywork, if you look at the majority of people who got this same bumper. the front of it is wavy, or disalined, if you buy this make sure you got a good shop that know about polyuratane, becouse its a pain in A** to get it to fit decent.

when i get my car back i will post pics with it i did the lambos on it , soo i post the pics hope this helps,

·
Registered
708 Posts
thanks jpmoney!

can't wait for final pics!

what fog lights are you using with the bumper? and what fog light housings?

are you gonna put mesh in the lower grill? what kind?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea imma put fogs for sure i already bought them, i got them at walmart, yea walmart was the only place i found them to fit, and they fit made to order, perfect, they fit soo good that when i have the car back, imma jb weld it on the inside and that is it.

the bumper comes with a mesh and it happens to be thats it matches my euro rally upper grill.

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
so you bought it and had to put time and work into it to even get it to fit, then a shop had to fix it because it was wavy.........sounds like it'll at least look good in the end though

·
Registered
708 Posts
Very nice!

Jpmoney, can you please link me to the foglights you got from walmart?

I will most likely be getting this bumper within 4-6 months.

F2 provides you with a mesh for the lower grill? Just double checking.

Thanks for all the answers my man!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Can't wait to see the pics mine came like that just returned it so ya....wish i would have read this thread

·
Registered
716 Posts
ya dude you should put up a link for those foglights, iv had the f2 kit for a while and i cant find any fogs that fit good in there,thanks

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea it come with a lower mesh grill

okay the fogs are actually driving light but i dont think it matters, they dont have them online but this is what it said on the box

The product # is QH-87CD. The company name, address and phone number is:

2007 Optronics, Inc,
401 South 41st st East
Muskogee, OK. 74403

1-800-364-5483

Their web site is:

www.optronicsinc.com

in front of the box it says platinum burners series

3 year warranty

high performance driving light kit

okay here is a pic of the fogs in the box

hope this helps

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g275/cubanpimp707/S7300137.jpg

·
Registered
708 Posts
Yeah, absolutely.

How is the bumper coming along? When do you get it back?

Have you checked how the fog lights light up the street?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts