Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody taken the side moldings off of their car? I was looking at them yestarday and was thinking how much better it would look with out them. I could paint them. But taking them completely off would be a subtle change that would completely enhance the look of the car.

If you have are they attached via rivots or just double sided taped on? If they are double sided taped on those babies are comming off next weekend. If nobody knows, next time I am at the junk yard and see a focus I will try taking on off to see what is behind it. I hope they are not fastened on. But my luck they will be. I would hate to have to do some filling work on my doors.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Well, mine had double-sided tape and those little plugs too.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
most are clipped and double sided taped on...others for some reason are just taped on, remove them and check for yourself.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmm Grrrrr, So for some reason some are just taped and some have plugs. I guess shaving of the moldings may have to wait for a while. Fords consistency keeps showing through more and more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
mine had tape and plugs but it is very easy to mold the holes in about a half hours work. and i agree it looks much better, what kind of custom car leaves on the badges and side moldings anyway?

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
BlkZX3 said:
Do particular years just use tape or what
i think it depends more on where it was built, its kind of a random deal u know. one of those things like if u have a raised for emblem on the valve cover in 2k focus or not.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was asking a question. If you want to insult me, then maybe you can get a life. We dont need that kind of negative attitude on this forum or this thread. I think the car looks better without them. If I want to deal with door dings then I will.

You know poeple's attitude like yours really ticks me off.

I will customize my car the way I want, and nobody is going to negate my thinking. If I ask a question that warrents no negative thinking, then I expect the respect of either answering with a intelligent answer or dont. I did not ask for oppinions, I asked a technical question.

·
Registered
7 Posts
personally i think the guy who said the thing about protecting door dings is an idiot and doesn't know anything about cars because almost any customized car is shaved in one way or the other and i took mine off and i agree it looks better so get a life

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
okay narongc, you've consistantly shown your [edited] attitude in several threads. you're not cool, no one thinks you're cool. when you grow up you'll realize that acting like an [edited] on the internet does make you a cool guy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
inline_engine_lover said:
okay narongc, you've consistantly shown your [edited] attitude in several threads. you're not cool, no one thinks you're cool. when you grow up you'll realize that acting like an ass on the internet does make you a cool guy.
I rest my case. Learn to type people. It doesn't matter what you freaks do to your cars, it's still a ****ing focus. And face there's only so much parts you can buy. Everyone else can buy the same thing. So what makes your car custom? Oh dude I took the door mouldings off. It's sooo custom. check it out!!! [:p]

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
narongc said:
I rest my case. Learn to type people. It doesn't matter what you freaks do to your cars, it's still a ****ing focus. And face there's only so much parts you can buy. Everyone else can buy the same thing. So what makes your car custom? Oh dude I took the door mouldings off. It's sooo custom. check it out!!! [:p]
From the majority of your posts it looks like you are obviously here to cause trouble. You keep this up and you wont be here for long.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You are here only to make and cause trouble. You probably dont have a focus. If that is the case then maybe you should get life.

Yes everybody does buy essentially the same things as far as intakes, exhaust, and what not. But its how you execute the work that makes it differant. Think about it. All painters still use paint right? But its how they paint and put the paint on the canvas that makes it art. What makes my car custom is that I did the work myself. I took a blank canvas, and turned it into something else. Something I can be proud of, and something I can have pride in. Something that gives me a sence of accomplishment.

I ask you, what is your hobby? What do you do that indivualizes you? What do you do that makes a statement about the person you are, and the person you would like to be?

Is it spooking around forums and makeing fun of other poeples joy? If that is what you do, then you are sad. And I feel nothing but pity for a soul that has no outlet and obviously no friends. If this is what you pride yourself on, then maybe you should evaluate your life.

I have reported your posts to the moderator.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Here we go again......This is pathetic. (referring to the arguing)

TO answer your question again, beowolf, I have had my moldings removed and painted. I had to drive around with them off for a day. I had to admit, it would look great shaved (if it wasn't for the holes being there.) But from what I've heard it could cost over a thousand to do it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hmmm Yeah.....I could try doing it myself. But I dont like the thought of using bondo. I would much rather weld some cover pieces in. And a 1000 dollers is to much money to spend right now. I was hopeing for one of those freebie DIY things. OH well. Something I will have to put on "When I have more money" list.

(Referring to the arguing) Yes it is pathetic. I wish peope like that would leave.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I never did it myself. I thought about it but I'm not much of a painter and I'm not a very patient person when it comes to removing things. I had a body shop do it for me.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts