Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to paint my mirror caps to match my car, and i was wondering if anybody knows how to do this. maybe there is already a how to on this.... idk. some help please!!

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
Check the archinve. It's the same setup as say like hatch trim pretty much...

I didn't even take mine off the car to do it. Black FTW!!

·
aka The Wizard
8,950 Posts
i posted a thread about doing mine a while ago....

its called color matched mirror caps.. or soemthing like that

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
Yeah i say your better off doing the whole mirror. I have a black car and doing caps has almost no effect an entire mirror REALLY makes a world of difference.

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
please don't do the whole mirror....

oh wait your car's black, it won't look bad. Some car look HORRIBLE with the whole mirrors painted, especially yellow

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
^^ I agree but black it helps with the whole thing caps look dumb on our color.

Trust me look at a SVT. A black sVT has the whole things gloss black.

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
technically the SVT has the mirror caps painted and the rest of the mirror is just glossy plastic. [neener] haha just giving you a hard time snack

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
^^^ I will give you a hard time........Checkers LOL

Anyways he is right sorta, but basically the black ones had pure black mirrors which adds a mirror cap on a black car painted will look werid

·
Registered
391 Posts
go for the whole thing

ive seen black focus with the whole thing painted it cleans it up a bit

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
no....I have agreed that all black looks good lol. but other colors (like yellow) look HORRIBLE with the mirrors painted all one color instead of just the caps. If I remember I'll take my camera with me and take a pic of it one day

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
you dont need to post pics, i get it, ive seen pleanty of svt's in my day. but if you want to go for it. im still not sure if im just doing the caps or not tho.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts