Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a bottle of coolant leak my mk1 has a leak were bottom hose connects to a pump of some sort not sure if its the water pump or what but it has serpentine belt attached to it. its got a small crack hopefully the leak fix bottle fixes it?

or any one got any input on something that works good?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just FYI, just fix the problem. Or keep adding coolant for now if leak isn't that bad. fix a leak is just putting an germ infected bandaid on your cut, probably not gonna turn out to well. Just my experience

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Save the 10$ on the bottle for the correct repair. Even if you just keep adding water for 3 months. All that bottle contains is hair growth medicine aka bs. Like Clayton stated it does more harm then good. That stuff clogs up water pathways and doesn't flush out very well when you finally get to fix the problem.

·
Registered
17,163 Posts
If you already have a leak, why would you buy a bottle of 'coolant leak'????

Fix your problem, there is NO SUCH THING as coolant leak FIX............

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
True true like the direct answers lol thanks fellas!! :) ima look for the part and get it fixed.

·
Registered
753 Posts
A couple spoons of pepper does the same thing as that stop leak if patching was the only option, best you take the advice already given and repair it.

·
Registered
17,163 Posts
Old wives tale that, rather use some sodium silicate, or water glass. Stupid though, you can never trust the car after that to not start leaking again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts