Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
838 hardley Vs. zx3

just playin around last night and 1 of my friends pulled up beside me at a stop light with his new 838 hardley. well i was like lets do it. we both looked around for cops bc they we bad last night. well the light turn green and off we went. i new i was goin to lose but it was just for fun. but yea i got my ass burnt. :p

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
just playin around last night and 1 of my friends pulled up beside me at a stop light with his new 838 harley. well i was like lets do it. we both looked around for cops bc they we bad last night. well the light turn green and off we went. i new i was goin to lose but it was just for fun. but yea i got my ass burnt. :p

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
Sorry for my ignorance, but what's an 838 Hardley? I google image searched and got some picture of a girl bending over....lol

·
Michael J. Caboose
6,512 Posts
lol, you mean 883 Harley...that's the motor size in cc's. [hihi] That's the Sportster model, and you should try racing a 1200...talk about getting burnt.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Please don't litter this road racing forum with your stupid street racing post.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Why not?
It would be fun to race a bike. Even though you get owned, its still nice to hear a bad ass bike take off.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I know nothing about bikes. Only thing I know, is most harleys sound mean.

·
Registered
336 Posts
This last summer I was heading out on a country road [in a hurry] I was sitting behind a Harley guy [mean looking bastard] with his lady on the back and pulling a little trailer,, well we just got out of this small town heading up a big long hill, I decided to pass him,, he looked over and I saw him twist the throttle to the stops but I did get past him roaring up the hill going really fast now, he stayed a ways behind me for a long time,, i kept going as fast as i could to my destination and he slowly disappeared from my mirror. If he didn't have the trailer I probably counldn't have passed him. I like Harleys.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I like them too, but many of their bikes are cruisers and are really not as fast as you think. On the same note some of them are. My brothers 06 V-Rod is a beast.

·
Registered
98 Posts
ya probably not the best forum for this.

HAHA yea I have a Harley Davidson Sportster...it started out as an 883 which was quick... with the mods I had would be a 13 second quarter mile. Now I have the 1200 motor in the bike and it moves! 12 second quarter miles. For a cruiser/standard it is fast.

·
Registered
98 Posts
HAHA yea I have a Harley Davidson Sportster...it started out as an 883 which was quick... with the mods I had would be a 13 second quarter mile. Now I have the 1200 motor in the bike and it moves! 12 second quarter miles. For a cruiser/standard it is fast and sounds/feels [email protected]!

·
Registered
336 Posts
HAHA yea I have a Harley Davidson Sportster...it started out as an 883 which was quick... with the mods I had would be a 13 second quarter mile. Now I have the 1200 motor in the bike and it moves! 12 second quarter miles. For a cruiser/standard it is fast and sounds/feels [email protected]!
...i don't reckon i'll be passing you... Nice job, to go under 13 is impressive.

·
Capital Obvious
2,562 Posts
There is no such thing as a Hardley 838. I think you mean a Harley 883 sportster. It's a little bike and not fast. made for basic cruising.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have an 04 Road King Custom, stock motor. There's a dude in an M6 that I run into once in a while when I take the bike to work. We have gone light to light a dozen times and he only came close when we left on a roll. You might surprise a newer harley if you catch them on the road and they don't downshift enough, but from a stop they are quick!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Im not saying that they are slow, just some of them are not performance bikes, like the 883. I am comparing them to other bikes not cars. Apples and oranges.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts