Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that I seem to hover around 3-leaves now for my anticipation score... got up to 4 today, but as low as 1 on my last tank of gas, with the same style driving I'd normally stay at 4-5 leaves with... I wonder if the revised shift points have something to do with this.

·
Registered
822 Posts
How long has it been since the update? I belive the transmission has to re-learn again (adapt) after the update.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
It is harder, I assume. I had already the TSB on my car, but I think the fact it revs up to 3-3500 rpms to shift gears, it does have an impact. You should really have a "feather foot" on the gas pedal to get 5 leaves in a stop-and-go commute. And I am not having one. I do get 5 leaves for anticipation when I drive >10km straight (no stops). [rolleyes] [shhh]

My average mpg since the last tank fill-up is 8.1 L/100 km (city and hwy) = 29 mpg and I am really happy with it, considering I am on winter tires, it is colder in the mornings, windy and I still have fun driving it (meaning I sometimes go in a spirited driving style).

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agreed. When I hit no red lights, I get up to 4-5 stars like I did today, seeing 28-29 mpgs on the readout. Stop and go was killing me though, but it requires it seems an even lighter touch to keep it in the high anticipation score range.

And Pennut, already well over a week since my update.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
11-10-2 I think was the number? It's documented in the DCT update thread. It's for the DCT issues like shuddering, harsh shifts, random rpm flare when decelerating, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts