Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I hit some retread off a truck a few weeks ago and am having some issues with my steering...

when it's dry it feels pretty normal... but when I drive in the rain I feel like the car is going to spin out... the car feels like it's sliding from side to side...at 30mph it feels like I'm driving in a hurricane...

I also noticed when I hit any bump or reflector or anything in the road it feels like my car gets really loose and is going to spin out... front and rear...

I think it may be an alignment issue, but I wanted to get some other ideas before I went and dished out $50 to get a new alignment...

I also checked my tires for odd wear with a ruler, it's the same throught the wheel as far as each groove goes... like there are no flat spots... I also have no vibration problems or anything like that...

let me know what you guys think... thanks

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
if one of your wheels are bent that will happen, thats the way it was for me with a bent rear wheel, until i got new wheels. also if a rear wheel was bent you may not feel a vibration, have you balance and alignment checked. also check your rear control arms

how's the tread depth on your tires?

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I think you nailed it... sounds like an alignment issue to me!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the rims are perfect... no bends or anything in them... the tread on the tires are great... only about 2k miles on them...

I guess I'll go get my alignment checked... hope that's all it is

1 - 4 of 4 Posts