Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently did a self install with Eibach Sportline Kit. I had the usual problems but got it done in about 5 hours by myself. It is smooth over any rise in the road but any dips more than 2" or so the front end slams really hard. I did not cut the bumpstops since they were much shorter than the ones in the instruction sheet. If I push down on the front end it doesn't go down at all. Everything is tightened to spec so the problem is not in that area. I've read about this problem before but there seems to be more suggestions than solutions. Please respond if you can help out. If I trim stops to the directions they would only be about 1 1/2" in height.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
i just installed mine today, i havn't had that problem, at least not yet, do your back springs "creek"? because mine do, it sounds like it is rubbing in the back, but i know for sure they are not. weird....

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
oh ok, the pro-dampers. same ones i have. yeah mine do it to, i dont know why. but they again my struts blew out about a month after installing them and i still havent fixed it so i dont remember if it did the same before or not.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kickstar, no noise at all from springs. On a smooth road the ride is fantastic. Takes corners like riding on rails. I've heard some springs have to settle for a bit. Good luck with your ride. Looks nice on Car domain.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
ahhh, i forgot to up load the new pics on there, thanks for reminding me! oh, and i know the springs gotta settle, so it will end up being lower. i just hope that darn squeeking stops! it's driving me nuts!

·
2,272 Posts
kickstar said:
ahhh, i forgot to up load the new pics on there, thanks for reminding me! oh, and i know the springs gotta settle, so it will end up being lower. i just hope that darn squeeking stops! it's driving me nuts!
You better get it checked out. I had no squeaking after installing mine. It shouldn't be making any noise, like the stock suspension.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
yea the kit will have to settle, most likly any squeeking should stop if not, it wouldnt hurt bringing the car someplace and having everything checked out. I really wanna drop my car, too bad it cost so much, i love the stance it gets and i love them twisties. Still havent figured if i want the pro kit or the sportlines though, not worried about ride, just that we get snow in the winter and i dont wanna get stuck b/c my car is low and acting like a plow.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
just hope that darn squeeking stops! it's driving me nuts!
You did put the rubber isolators back on top of the springs (rear springs)...didn't you?

·
Registered
500 Posts
kickstar said:
Man cant wait to see it with that drop! Me and some friends are going to MIR this friday to get some runs in you ever go there to race or you just go to shows? You should come out if you can.

I have the pro kit on mine with the SVT dampers (will be upgrading in the future) and they ride great except for like you said they slam real hard. Its funny to see my passangers faces but I dont think it can be that good for the car. I also took a corner the other day coming down a hill into an intersection made a 90*left turn and I got a loud slam from the passanger side maybe some stiffer shocks would help.. or not takin taht corner at 40mph

·
Registered
500 Posts
I got owned by the double post [xx(]

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
Did you make sure the springs were set all the way down into the dampers?

·
Registered
489 Posts
WD40 said:
just hope that darn squeeking stops! it's driving me nuts!
You did put the rubber isolators back on top of the springs (rear springs)...didn't you?
I was gonna ask the same thing. Terri your springs shouldn't be squeeking or making noises. Lemme know if you'd like me to take a look at it, just to get a second set of eyes on it. I've had 2 different suspension setups on my car so far =P. Being that your a Jet Mechanic i dont doubt your mechanical ability, just might be something you overlooked. Lemme know. =)

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Yes, i did put the isolators back in, along with the little rubber cover off the bottom of the old spring, since the wasn't any rubber on the bottom. i actually think it was just the springs in the back settling, they didn't squeak at all today, i drove it around after work because i love the new handling, got to go find me some twisties! BTW Perry, where the heck have you been hiding???? i have messaged you a few times, but got no response!

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This has gotten off the original subject. Any help on the front end hitting too hard?

·
Registered
500 Posts
TerryB said:
This has gotten off the original subject. Any help on the front end hitting too hard?
Well since I am having the same problem I spent all day thinkin about it.. maybe you could add some sort of rubber around the springs so when they are fully complressed it doesnt hit as hard.. other then that I cant think of anything. If I come up with a solution I will share please do the same!

·
Registered
550 Posts
im trying to decide what kit i want this kit or the pro system i dont need my front end slammin hard ive already destroyed one header on my svt i dont need to replace another.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
After trying different combinations with the bumpstops I finally got the ride I want. For whatever reason the stops supplied were too short allowing the front to bottom out. Went too low the first time ( cut stops in half). I ended up using original bumpstops and 1/2" of new ones. It raised the front back up about 1/2" to 3/4". I wanted the top of tire even with wheelwell but had to compromise for a better ride. Still wondering why the front dampers seem too tall as the front was riding on the stops. Still hits once and a while but I don't have to zigzag down the road anymore.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts