Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cold starts or first starts in the day tend to take more time than other starts. With a warm start the engine turns right over but with the cold start it can take up to five or six seconds to get running. Anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
You mean you crank it for 5-6 seconds to start ? If so, no, I don't have this on mine. Nor any hard start of whatever kind. (for now)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Cold starts or first starts in the day tend to take more time than other starts. With a warm start the engine turns right over but with the cold start it can take up to five or six seconds to get running. Anyone else having this issue?
That's not normal. Take the car into the dealer and have them research and correct the problem.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Get that checked out. It's probably a battery issue - considering you're in Canada...

·
Registered
418 Posts
Get that checked out. It's probably a battery issue - considering you're in Canada...
Agreed,
Check your battery using a multimeter before starting the car in the morning, Should be 12.5V if it's less than 12 it's not good.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ummm I believe he's from Modesto, California? But like other said, get it checked out. I've had no hard starts and mornings have been -5C (23F) here.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Ummm I believe he's from Modesto, California? But like other said, get it checked out. I've had no hard starts and mornings have been -5C (23F) here.
You're right. >.< I see Canada everytime I see "CA" for some reason...

And if that's the case (not super-cold weather) - even more of a reason to get that checked out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts