Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving today and the light ahead changed to yellow so I decided to accelerate to ry to make it through the light but at the last minute before I reached the light a car started to turn from one of the side streets so I braked hard to avoid flying through the light and getting into a possible accident. As I brake the Horn starts to loudly beep. The first thought was "Who's beeping at me?" I let up off the brake a bit and the horn stopped then I brake again (still hard. Keep in mind this all happened in a matter of seconds) and the horn noise come back. It was the car. I have a 2006 zx3 se and I'm going to assume that this thing has sensors that can tell how far objects are and under hard braking it applies the horn itself. I tried to do it again after that but there was nothing in the area and no horn sound. The funny thing is that while the horn was blowing people are looking at me like "Why are you doing that?" and I'm just like "Its not me its the car, I swear!". Is this a safety feature, or should I call the dealer to ask about this? I'm mechanically inclined also but when I looked under the hood of this car I was amazed by the amount of engineering put into this baby.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
It's no safety feature I've ever heard of (tho it wouldn't be the first time something snuck past me). My bet would be a faulty horn relay that happens to trip during hard braking...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh well for a sec I thought I had one of the most advanced cars on the market. Time for a trip back to the dealers.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Don't you get it?!?

The car wanted you to speed through the light. You denied it the pleasure, so it flamed you for being boring.

jk btw

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^^ Ha ha yeah maybe. And to reply to Penguin's question yeah it works perfectly normally.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
how do you do that. I must know. I'ma do it to my friend's car.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
probably a chafed wire.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
omfg, its awesome. We did it to my coaches car. Took a bit of creative wiring. Actually, a lot of creative wiring. Every time he hits the brakes, the lights and siren go on. When he gets off, they stop. It awesome. He couldn't figure out what was going on, so we popped the hood, and showed him. He also made us pay the dealer to put it back to stock, lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts