Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this 2000 zx3 yesterday for $500 as project car. Here's my build not sure where I'm going yet but here's the before pics.

Speaker wires not hatch release

Why????

Where's the carpet?!?!?!?
The red is the first thing to go. Thank god I have my old rusty 03 sedan out back for parts.
Here's the major body work and the only rust.

More pics to come

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Yea you could do that, How far do you want to go? I'd do the mechanical end 1st. Throw on svt spindle's or use '05 spindle's & add svt front brakes. Mod the zetec w/ a svt header, intake & cams, do a clutch & then redo the interior. Scuff the body lightly & clear coat it & drive it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Not bad for 500 bones. Good start!!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea you could do that, How far do you want to go? I'd do the mechanical end 1st. Throw on svt spindle's or use '05 spindle's & add svt front brakes. Mod the zetec w/ a svt header, intake & cams, do a clutch & then redo the interior. Scuff the body lightly & clear coat it & drive it.

I don't know about the svt stuff right off I just want to get it mechanically sound replace all worn parts and poly bushings. Stage 2 clutch to make sure I won't have to do it again if I do build it a little. I hate white cars and it needs more than a new top coat there's some rust that's getting addressed and I haven't decided on the black or a charcoal grey color. Eventually I want coil overs body stiffening minor weight reduction like light weight battery ac delete spare tire delete unless it's a long trip. Maybe remove the back seats. Definitely getting projectors and hids led tails was thinking about a nice stereo setup but that's heavy so maybe just a nice CD player and high end speakers. Steeda short throw racing seats. Not sure how far I'm taking it at the moment. But I sure the hell don't want rice. Want a clean performance look with the balls to back it up

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
Why!? Who in their right mind wires it like that with those speakers like that?

Oh well. You picked up a nice project. Hope for the best!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why!? Who in their right mind wires it like that with those speakers like that?

Oh well. You picked up a nice project. Hope for the best!

I don't have the slightest clue. The first thing I learned to do in cars was change the oil and tires. Second was stereo systems. I've been doing them since I was 13 so I'm fussy with them and this just pisses me off. Hopefully can get something done to it tomorrow. Probably start by taking the stereo out of it and I'll do it all correctly when the time comes.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Think I found a set of tires for the back for now. I'll post pics of the old ones when I change them

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I'm soooo close to ordering this and some kyb gas adjusts. Someone stop me lol

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
I will. Don't bother with eibach springs. Go vogtland. Keep strut stockers.

Get f/r eibach sways, all poly bushings up front. Best bamg for buck suspension.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well swapped out the signal light stalk today. Tried to play with the headlights a little, no luck there. And found some more work.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Nice pick up for $500. i would start by getting the rust/body work taken care of and then do suspension. sounds like you have a good plan for this build.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got the price list from my dad for paint materials. Including heating the shop it's going to cost about $450 to paint it. So I figure if I get about 2200 into it when I'm done I'll have a nice car for a decent price. Ya 2200 is a lot for an 00 focus but i will know it inside and out and I will know what I have.. Won't just be trusting some dealership and praying I have all the problems in the warranty period, and I'll own it I won't have a payment.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sure snow and salt taken a good bite, work on those rust first! Nice vision and place, sure you will so proud of once things worked out for that car, good luck!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I might be putting it on the road and rushing the paint and mechanical. Just got a job offer out of state and I might have to take it.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts