Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been slowly changing my tune in the dashpot clip and decay rates to minimize or eliminate the infamous 'hanging rev' condition. while I have gotten some positive results, I am at a point where I am unsure of what is actually happening and could use some other thoughts. When the engine is cold (press in clutch, foot off gas pedal), engine rpm drops briskly. Not so much as to approach a stall, but with a pleasant burble at the tail pipe. Once the engine is fully warm, the engine rpm no longer drops briskly. Additionally (in neutral), revving the engine to 2,3 or 4K rpm show that there is still a 'pause' of ~ 1/4 to 1/2 sec before the rpm starts to drop (which is not present when the engine is cold). I have not been able to identify why a warm engine has this 'pause' (or 'hanging rev' per the title). What am I missing?
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tom. I do have the PRP, And your my tuner! Just trying to figure it out on my own.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok no problem , when your done trying on your own let me know , send me a copy of your file and I will help you out

Tom
Lol! OK! It's on it's way. Thanks! [cool]

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You give up so easy [poke]
Naw! Just on the road again, and will be for the next month or two. [vommit]
(I found this all out on Wednesday(?))