Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the mic is for the handsfree phone calls for the sync system without the mft? Sometimes people have a hard time hearing me when i'm on bluetooth calls. My phone is in a holder mounted on the windsheild next to my rearview mirror, so i don't think its a problem of my phone location.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Does anyone know where the mic is for the handsfree phone calls for the sync system without the mft? Sometimes people have a hard time hearing me when i'm on bluetooth calls. My phone is in a holder mounted on the windsheild next to my rearview mirror, so i don't think its a problem of my phone location.
If you look in your center overhead console, you'll see what looks like a tiny vent about the size of a dime. That is where the microphone is located.

·
Registered
220 Posts
My phone is usually in my pocket and I don't have any difficulty hearing or being heard when using sync/Bluetooth.

·
Registered
220 Posts
My phone is usually in my pocket and I don't have any difficulty hearing or being heard when using sync/Bluetooth.
I concur with this. Unless you have a crappy phone that doesn't handle Bluetooth headsets very well, but most phones these days should have no problem.

I honestly had a harder time hearing on my Jetta's Bluetooth system, and the car has a quieter interior than the Focus. I always thought Ford's hands-free implementations worked quite well.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I haven't had anyone complain that it's hard to hear me in a while, but I also put some padding behind the microphone for sound deadening while I was shoving foam up there to stop the rattles.

However, I do believe that it's easier to hear me if I have the moonroof shade closed. OP, do you have a moonroof?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
However, I do believe that it's easier to hear me if I have the moonroof shade closed. OP, do you have a moonroof?
I do not. I only have the se, so I don't even have a sunglass holder, all I have is this piece of plastic that looks like the shape of the superman logo, with slotted vents on it, so I assume thats it. I might try sound proofing it. I wondered because i always find myself yelling at the stereo face when i'm yelling at the sync system. lol[screwy]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts