Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys quick question....

I have already put the steeda RSB on my '13 SE hatch w/o handling package..

What other handling upgrading can I do? I don't want to touch the FSB because of the hard install. And I don't really want to lower the car.

Any input greatly appreciated

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Well, you could do better struts. There are lowering springs that dont lower it much. I think the Ford racing springs only lower the car .3 inches but stiffen it up a lot. Better tires and brakes will help handling.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to Brakes, Suspension & Chassis.

Just what aspect do you want to improve?

Figuring out what doesn't feel the way you'd like or what's limiting your cornering speed would lead to the best "improvements" for you.

Most changes have tradeoffs, quicker reaction comes at the price of a rougher ride for example. If it feels too soft to you, that's a trade you'd appreciate.

Ultimate traction comes from the tires, though how they're planted on the road affects how they react & their limits as well - that's why wheels/tires are only part of the equation.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Y3, you are on the mark as to the FSB, in addition, I've read that the FSB can actually offset the RSB gains--though I cannot speak to that personally.

Certainly replacing the RMM has been mentioned by several members, me too, as being a relatively inexpensive but effective mod in reducing engine movement during shifts. Do a thread search. I went with the e-Focus RMM and am really happy, but there are several choices--including Cobb, Mazda, and I think Steeda.

JBurks mentioned Ford Racing. Check out "Fordracingpartsdirect.com"

They offer a handling package for the Ford Focus, which is what I had installed. Differing a little bit with JB, my hatch w/o handling pckg lowered about 1 inch, maybe a bit more, but nothing that gives me a problem with speed bumps or curbs. My car feels more planted, takes corners better, doesn't dip and dive as much, etc.

As you already have the RSB and do not want the FSB, you probably can negotiate for the springs, shocks, struts.

You can do significantly better on the pricing through Mike @ Tousley Ford (now Auto Nation White Bear Lake), and maybe thru Andy @ Village Ford, one of the vendors here.

Finally, a short shifter. Relatively easy and inexpensive, and again several choices. I posted this morning under the Steeda thread on here. Check it out if you're interested.

Have fun man.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts