Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was directed to the performancecenter.com website. Glad to see they have a lil something for the focus. But what really caught my eye was the handling kit. It seemed almost too good to be true, an all around handling kit consisting of: EIBACH 2-inch Drop Front And 2.2-inch Drop Rear Pro-Sport Plus Kit With Coil Springs, Anti-Roll Kit, And Dampers. All for under a grand. Hmmm....comments anyone.

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
I've seen those before cheaper in other places. Try some of our vendors like NewEdgePerformance.com, ZXTuner.com, FocusSport.com, etc. I could've sworn I've seen that same kit for $749 somewhere.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
personally i own the eibach sport line kit and thats a 2 1/4" drop and its awsome... rides not that bad either just need some sway bars

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
what shocks and struts do u have because my AGX adjustables said that the sportlinea are to aggresive and would drop the life of my shocks and stuts would wear out 75% faster then normal

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
^^^ doubt that
throw them on and drive like ya stole it.

j/k, But I do have 2.0" lowering springs. 0.5" past the recommended drop, thus voiding the warranty since day 1.

(If It was 75% then that would mean mine would have been blown last year)

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
your are .5 past. the sportlines are 2.3 thats .8 over and i think would make for a rough ridde for everyday use. i think ill e good with the pro kit . shocks and struts are not cheap u know

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
keep in mind that's 2.2 (or 2.3) inches only for the rear.

I've never seen sportlines dropped that low... that's like almost rubbing territory.. I have figured the ballpark range to be just about 2".

eibach + AGX = safe combo (the 1.5" lowering warranty is only to protect KYB corp's asses.)

·
Registered
204 Posts
i got roush stage 2 shocks and struts and tein s techs and a gutted rear and it gives it a cool raked look.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow That looks pretty nice how is the handling, one thing I don't like about my foci is that when driving or turning hard, I feel disconnected like its real top heavy or something. I know that my 06 sits real high is this the reason for the topsy-turvey grip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts