Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Just found this site, and wonder if any of you have had problems with the handbrake on Ford Focus Zetec. I have just brought a new (03) plate Zetec, and have had problems with the handbrake failing when on. Fords deny there is a problem, yet have tightened it as a precaution... the precaution was too late as the car ended up in the front of my house as the handbrake failed. Most cars you get resistance at about 3,4, 5 clicks.. on this car, you don;t get resistance until about 8, 9 clicks and even when on fully the car moves. Yet ford say this is acceptable and refuse to pay for the damage. Biggest concern is that if this happens in a croweded area, someone could get killed or injured.. Yes the handbrake was on fully, as the drive is on a slope, and you couldn't get out the car without it being on...... If anyone has had the same problem, I would be most gratfull to hear from you...... Many thanks

·
fOCUS Zetec 2.0
292 Posts
well i guess i don't need to tell you to leave it in gear either [;)] I've got a 02 plate Zetec, bought brand new in 03 and it's fine, no problems at all and haven't heard of the same problem from numerous Zetec owners in Australia (which have the same model as you unlike the US). Sorry I can't help you. It sounds like a problem just with yours coz I've never heard of this one before but keep at it and you might hear more.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
sorry i cant help you out either. i havent heard of this problem from any other zetec owners but if i do ill let them know of your problem so they can try to help you out. you should try other techniques to try and get the dealer to fix the problem for you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts