Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got hold of a 2000 Ghia Focus 2.0, because I needed a cheap car to throw a bike rack on and do a load of dirty work that I don't want my main car to be doing. All was well when driving it around, but when I got it home I noticed that the handbrake button was stuck, so I couldn't properly engage the parking brake. I've left it in gear for now, on a flat driveway so it's not going anywhere.

I tested the handbrake to make sure it was fine, and it works so it's not the cable or the brakes themselves.

What I need to know is... how do I get the cover off, and what do I need to check to get the button back out? I've gotten this far already (and yes, I know it's a really nasty way of getting into the handbrake but I couldn't be bothered with taking off bits of trim, and it cost me £500 and it's just the cover and I can glue the bugger back on if I really want to....)

·
Registered
17,167 Posts
Don't stop now, you're making headway there..................necessity is the mother of butchery they say.

Cover most likely comes off just like the boot, naked merciless force.........

·
Registered
521 Posts
Not to many screws hold that center console in place. Normally you'd take off the center console and slip off the boot as you lift it up.

Toby

1 - 3 of 3 Posts