Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have an issue with their handbrake button rattling in the handle on an mk3 SE hatchback? Does anybody know of a fix for this issue? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Does anyone else have an issue with their handbrake button rattling in the handle on an mk3 SE hatchback? Does anybody know of a fix for this issue? Thanks.
Hi JunkyardJay,

Have you had a chance to stop by your dealer for this yet? Please let me know, along with your mileage. If you're more of a DIY type of person, don't forget to check out Ford Parts. :)

Meagan

·
Registered
143 Posts

I do. Thing drove me crazy as to where is was coming from FOR MONTHS. Took the shifter off, panels, etc looking for its origin. Stumbled upon it being the button by accident. I have a '12 SE hatchback 5spd

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have it too. I only heard it when I would step on it. Came around after my RMM change, added vibration I guess. I thought it was pinging at first but then I discovered the button rattled. Curious about a fix as well but low on the list of things to do.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I have it too. I only heard it when I would step on it. Came around after my RMM change, added vibration I guess. I thought it was pinging at first but then I discovered the button rattled. Curious about a fix as well but low on the list of things to do.
If you decide to head to your dealer for a repair, please let me know. I'll check for some additional assistance.

Meagan

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Thanks for the help but it's the kind of thing that is low on my list and frankly, I should be able to fix myself. If I ever get to it. LOL. [hihi]
I hear ya. I'll be around if you need me. :)

Meagan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts