Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check this out so yea i just got this car running and in all i drove it about 30 Mins and this happens... This is what hapens when u have a bent rod and u don't know about it. crapy pics they are off a phone but u can see the holes. oh yea besides the two holes in the pics we have counted four other holes in the block and destoryed the radiator. All because of a been rod.

0122092250.jpg

0122092250a.jpg

0122092254.jpg

0124091815.jpg
This is what we pulled out of the radiator.

Now thats what we like to call a hand grenaded motor

·
Registered
689 Posts
Ouch! That unfortunate.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hell yea it does i'm just glad that i didn't wreck the car when it done that. it was snowing and the roads were already slick and then and oil and anitfreeze to that and thats a deadly mix

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
Sorry man. That really sucks!

Was it really loud?
I ask because my freinds and I have an oldsmobile we are trying to blow up and i want to know what to expect. Its got one hell of a rod nock but refuses to let go lol.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Oh man, thats a sad sight [bawling]

·
Registered
716 Posts
wwwoooowww crazy mine blew in the exact same spot. my car was running perfect then one morning i woke and decided to go run to the store to buy a pepsi, jumped in my car started it then started driving, i didnt even get out of first gear before it blewww.

sorry about your car dude.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea it was pretty loud it sounded like a grenade went off inside the car. but yea its all cool cause i'll have another motor here today

·
Registered
649 Posts
You wanna know what it sounds like, check out the rice video below[rofl]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELiAoaZtbxw&NR=1
Ken
"My parents are going to be so pissed." lol Ive seen that video so many times and always laugh.

Sucks on the motor man. Thats what I am scared of when I get the Integra Running something like that happening. I have put about 4-5k in the motor, but everything is new so, hope I have good luck on it.

Andrew

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
that youtube video is priceless!

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
I don't know what funnier about that youtube video. The retard filming are both retards talking. Doesn't even look like the m3 was racing this fool.

Sorry about you motor. That would suck. Best of luck getting her up and running again. Lucky noone was hurt.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
svt swap perhaps?

or 2.3L mmmm

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nah i don't have the money for that right now. i just got another one to go in for now. oh if anyone knows someone that needs a shorty header the motor i got had one on it. i don't need it i got a long tube performance racing header to go on mine so its no good to me. not sure what kind of shorty header it is. i haven't seen it yet... i just wacthed that video and its safe to say i was not doing anything that stupid. in fact i wasn't even doing the speed limit when it blew. wow what a stupid mofo

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
"My parents are going to be so pissed." lol Ive seen that video so many times and always laugh.

Sucks on the motor man. Thats what I am scared of when I get the Integra Running something like that happening. I have put about 4-5k in the motor, but everything is new so, hope I have good luck on it.

Andrew
well just don't bounce it off the rev limiter (correct me if I'm wrong, lol) and you should be fine there..... other than that, it's gotta just be totally random/ lack of care that would cause something like this to happen. OR a manufacturing defect [dunno]

·
Registered
744 Posts
Here's another video (you may have seen it) of a 350Z's engine blowing up at 320 KPH ~200MPH. It makes the same ugly sound except the car is going 200MPH and the engine just barfed oil all over the rear wheels; scary looking crash but the driver is standing around after the wreck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76nROwyMjVo

It's funny, I was at a grocery near a used car lot when I saw an engine with big holes in the block, I checked it out and it was a Zetec.

I guess the Duratecs may be a bit hardier, this bozo's engine didn't blow up (or maybe his parent's car)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxQUr2lfQBU

1 - 20 of 22 Posts