Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
I like those, they have the turn indicators in them like the st's. That auction was over a month ago though.

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
hmm... well, if you're down with the look (I am) get the halo's. They're a bit pricey though. If you want that custom look, the hella's are the way to go. Just decide what look you want your focus to portray.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone know how much more light either of these give? it looks like the halos are more common. How much brighter would those be? I do lots of night time driving, so lighting is very important to me I work 2nd shift and am a night owl.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Not sure what U mean by better...?
Better quality ?
Better lighting(This can be subjective to the bulb used on the headlight)..?
Better fitment ?

I have a set of Halo's and I like them.

If you wanna know how those lights fit and how bright they are, PM whoaizmyflow.
He's the one that won that ebay auction.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm wondering about light output to see if it is superior. the focus already appears to have projectors but these look more like the more expensive glass projectors of audi's bmw's etc that now use them with HID's although some had them used before hids.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
i say go halo i hate the look of the Xenons they look like the Ford HIDs and those are ugly just not as ugly

·
Registered
11 Posts
CyByte said:
I'm wondering about light output to see if it is superior. the focus already appears to have projectors but these look more like the more expensive glass projectors of audi's bmw's etc that now use them with HID's although some had them used before hids.
there's no doubt that the Ford [Hella] HID Xenon headlamps will put out way more light over the halogen Halos. If you desire lighting performance, durability, as well as a clean appearance i would choose the HID headlamps. they also come stock with the Mach Audio Focus too.

just my .02 cents [:)]

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2000 Sony Focus, I purchased the headlights for a Focus with the Mach Audio option, in addition I figure out how to come up with the wiring and plug connector to fit these headlights. I created my own harness, I did not choose to have my turn signals work in the headlights, I like the grill mounted turn signals. As for light output, it is incredible!!! There is a definite "cut off" of light on low beam, adjustment is crucial, on high beam the HID's work with the Halogen high beams to light uo the sky! I see Ford must have been listening, 'cause now the HID units are available on SVT models, and Standard with the SVT European package, I think I'll get a 2004 SVT 3 Door before the 2005's come out. P.S the Connector plug and wires for it come from Volkswagen, also you need to wire in a diode to connect the high beam power feed to the low beam power feed, so when the high beams are switched on the low beam relay is powered up also.

·
Registered
10 Posts
CORRECTION: Forget the diode between the Low Beam and High Beam relay, this would work, but the easier solution is jumping terminals 8 & 9 on the connector to the dimmer switch, it sure is trick the way Ford has the cover open for the top of the steering column. One other cool thing about having the HID's, Before when traffic would not pass in the left lane and just get in the way, flashing the high beams didn't usually do anything. I've noticed having these HID's for the last year, that if I come up behind someone not passing in the left lane I give them a quick flash of the high beam, they act like a police cruiser just flashed 'em. They get right out of the way!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if these hellas from ford are a direct fit and were on even a 2000 focus would ford install a set that is for a 2001 directly onto my zx3 2001?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts